Day and a half with kids

Knight17

We are cruising on RCI in early June and will be in Bermuda for a full day plus part of the next day (I think the ship leaves at 5:00 p.m.) - our daughters 10 and 8 will be with us.

The 2nd day I was thinking of going to one of the South beaches for a few hours and then just going back to the Dockyard Area until we have to board the ship.

The 1st day just use as a broad sightseeing of the Island. Take an early ferry to St. George - any suggestions for a place or two to visit there with kids? Then take a bus to Hamilton - any suggestions on whether the North or South bus route would be better. Once in Hamilton, if the kids are bored, I would take them back to the ship to swim on the ship or at Snorkel Beach if there is time - and leave my wife in Hamilton to shop and sightsee. After we eat dinner on the ship, there appears to be somthing going on in the Dockyards on Mondays nights.

I was in Bermuda once as a teenager, but stayed in a hotel in the Castle Harbor area and never saw much of the Island other than that area and a beach that was fairly close to the hotel.

We are cruising on RCI in early June and will be in Bermuda for a full day plus part of the next day (I think the ship leaves at 5:00 p.m.) - our daughters 10 and 8 will be with us.

The 2nd day I was thinking of going to one of the South beaches for a few hours and then just going back to the Dockyard Area until we have to board the ship.

The 1st day just use as a broad sightseeing of the Island. Take an early ferry to St. George - any suggestions for a place or two to visit there with kids? Then take a bus to Hamilton - any suggestions on whether the North or South bus route would be better. Once in Hamilton, if the kids are bored, I would take them back to the ship to swim on the ship or at Snorkel Beach if there is time - and leave my wife in Hamilton to shop and sightsee. After we eat dinner on the ship, there appears to be somthing going on in the Dockyards on Mondays nights.

I was in Bermuda once as a teenager, but stayed in a hotel in the Castle Harbor area and never saw much of the Island other than that area and a beach that was fairly close to the hotel.

If you like to snorkel, this is a great trip.

http://jessiejames.bm/

Your kids may enjoy the re-inactment held in St George town center at noon where a townsperson will be publicly dunked. Tobacco bay is also a managable walk (uphill!) and is quite nice. The beach is small but the conditions are calm for younger snorkelers and the views are amazing. They can also follow the trails up to the cliffs for more spectacular views. Fort St Catherine is not too far from there and also has a nice beach as well. Have a great cruise!:)

Archived