Question about Freedom Dining

Lottycruiser

We are three adults on Freedom Dining on Ventura and wondered what our table options would be ? are we able to have a table to ourselves or are we likely to be seated at a large table ? We have done both on different cruises and enjoyed both options but just wondered what is most likely on Ventura .

I don't know but I imagine you can ask for what suits you, but there may be a delay if you want three, be interested in the answer. We have never done freedom, I just know we would get later & later without a time & 8-30 suits us fine.

You can do whatever suits you. If you are prepared to sit at a larger table you will be seated straightaway (usually). If you want a table for just the 3 of you then you will probably get a pager and have to wait a little while. Peak time seems to be 7.15-8.30 ish. We usually wanted a table for 2 or 3 and used to collect a pager about 7.15pm and be seated by 8pm at the latest - we probably could have been seated even more quickly but we had particular tables we liked, e.g. the tables for 2 which were more private, so we were happy to wait.

Thank you all for your replies , when we cruised with Royal the first time we just turned up and were seated on a large table and followed that pattern for the rest of the cruise , our second cruise with them we asked for a table for two purely because we felt we wanted to relax a little more , one of our experiances on the larger table was of a couple who didnt speak very much english and we found it a little embarrassing having to keep question the things they were asking ,whilst it was an enjoyable experiance mixing with other diners that one situation left us with an uncomfortable dining experiance ,i'm sure they were as uncomfortable as what we were too .seeing as this is a british boat i doubt we would experiance that on this coming cruise but its nice to know we have options open to us on wether to dine with a group or just the three of us .

Not requested a table for 3 however we have travelled as a couple and as a foursome on freedom dining and our waits have never been more than 10 minutes. If you want a table to accomodate 3 then that would usually be a table set for four so I dont think you will find yourself waiting longer than this provided you didnt have any specific table positioning requests.

Archived