A civilised breakfast?

SeaSickGill

Gill

Worth mentioning though you only get a cooked breakfast in a suite.

Balcony grade and below only deliver cereals and danish for room service breakfast , plus juice and yogarts.

So presume all your cruises are in suites then?

We tend to have room service breakfast delivered on port days, so that has the added bonus of a wake up call, which saves time as well if going on a coach tour, eat and off to get the coach,

On relaxing sea days we eat in the Main Dining Room, which can be as big or as small a breakfast as you want. My hubby only has melon and a croissant. You can smoothies,fresh orange juice, which is much nicer than the stuff in the machine in the buffet, melon slices with a natural yogurt, specials of the day such as devilled kidneys, kippers and eggs benedict, the big P&O full cooked breakfast, or anything in any quantity from the breakfast menu, ie. 1 saus, 2 bacon, 2 hash browns, 1 egg cooked to your liking etc... in any combination. There are also danish,pancakes with maple syrup, etc the list is pretty extensive. We prefer it to the ss buffet, walking around looking for a free table. You can still end up having to share a table with strangers in the morning in there if its busy.

Can you have egg Benedict for breakfast on P&O?

Yes, its one of the "specials" available on a Monday (if I remember correctly).

On Aurora they do a nice eggs benedict with smoked salmon in Cafe Bordeaux.

Brian

Thanks for your responses - I think we may plump for the MDR and in the cabin on port days (good tip!) I hope they have black pudding - well I am from Bury afterall:)

Crikey I hope that we don't have to talk to anyone....you anti social lot!:D

Hi there. - When we were on our last cruise we had wonderful dining companions in the evening, but when we went to the dining room for breakfast in the morning everyone was so different. I said to hubby most mornings thank goodness we don't have to put up with these people in the evening. Wonder if it is the lack of a few glasses of wine/beer in the morning or did everyone have hang overs. Trying to get a conversation going was a nightmare. Gave up in the end.

Trish

We always have room service breakfast and it is NOT available on the last morning, disembarkation at Southampton.

Eggs Benedict is always available in Cafe Bordeaux on Aurora, unless this has recently changed and a great selection too on Oriana for breakfast in Al Fresco.

Alternative venues on Arcadia,pretty non existent, IMO.

We always have room service breakfast and it is NOT available on the last morning, disembarkation at Southampton.

Eggs Benedict is always available in Cafe Bordeaux on Aurora, unless this has recently changed and a great selection too on Oriana for breakfast in Al Fresco.

We noticed it said no room service breakfast available on disembarkation day in the information in the cabin, but our R S waiter told us he would make sure we got it. This was in Barbados when passengers are embarking and disembarking over 2 days. I expect it's different in Southampton when everyone's getting off the ship.

Ships like Aurora & Oceana that have the "Cafe" venues are good for alternative breakfast, I did miss this on Arcadia, you can carry it out to the Aquarius deck but then you get the dreaded smoke!

I am most impressed by those of you who get up on time for the main dining room.

My personal butler usually goes for my repast which we have in the cabin/balcony.:D:rolleyes::cool:

Dai

[etc on the balcony anquote=thranite;27840671]So that would be bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding d cereal in the cabin?

:)

I hope you are going to make my day and confirm it is possible to have a

cooked breakfast delivered to room :) I was of the understanding only

toast, pastries available. Having only sailed Celebrity we enjoyed treating

ourselves to a 'fry up' on the balcony best part of the day.

Mrs Blue Sky

[etc on the balcony anquote=thranite;27840671]So that would be bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding d cereal in the cabin?

:)

I hope you are going to make my day and confirm it is possible to have a

cooked breakfast delivered to room :) I was of the understanding only

toast, pastries available. Having only sailed Celebrity we enjoyed treating

ourselves to a 'fry up' on the balcony best part of the day.

Mrs Blue Sky

On P&O ships a cooked breakfast is delivered only to suites, though you can of course get it from the buffet yourself and take back.

Several other cruiselines offer cooked breakfast in all cabin grades.

Archived