Julia St. Terminal Parking

parrotfeathers

You are going on the first Voyager cruise of the year in New Orleans at a time when the Spirit and the Ecstasy will have just left and all their passengers will have parked in the garage.

There was always plenty of parking when the Spirit and the Triumph were both using the garage and the Ecstasy holds less passengers than the Triumph so there should be a few spaces left for Voyager passengers but I think it will fill up fast and passengers who come later will have to use overflow lots in the area.

They do not take reservations.

Since this will be the first time 3 ships are sailing out of New Orleans in a long time, you can expect some parking difficulties.

The next day, November 13 will have much worse parking problems as the Conquest comes to town also to make 4 ships sailing at once.

Thanks for your reply. I have made a reservation for the Drury Inn pre-cruise night and can use their cruise package parking but then the taxi becomes involved. Someone posted somewhere it was just easier to pay the difference and pay in the garage rather than worry about taxis. I checked other hotels and never found anything under $200. Hampton Inn has no "cruise packages" left and Marriott is way over $200. It just seems so convenient to use the port garage.

Yes, the Port of New Orleans garage is easy to use and one of the best I have used. It is too small to hold all the passengers for 4 ships though. They are supposed to be building another garage in the Julia terminal but I don't know how long it will be before they have it ready.

Catching a shuttle to the overflow parking lots is probably as bad or worse than getting a taxi back to the Drury. They usually have tons of taxis waiting and pick you up very fast.

Try Fulton Place Parking on Convention Center Blvd. Cruise parking is $10 per day, and they have a free shuttle from the garage to the port and back. I believe they do take reservations, http://www.fultonplaceparking.com.

I have a monthly contract for parking at that garage. Safe, clean, and friendly folks!

• 1 year later...

Archived