Should the forum be renamed

sludger

Oh Yatchet, you are so funny! :D You took the words out of my mouth (actually my fingers). I was going to agree with Aus T, but I just couldn't be bothered staying around here to be bullied. I've got more interesting things to do with my time. (Afraid, I'm the world's worst procrastinator! :rolleyes:)

Have you got any cruises booked?

Hi Sandielle,

Nothing booked yet, time is the problem, too busy!

Sorry to hear about your sad losses the last few weeks.

Thanks Yatchet. Unfortunately it's all part of life and just has to be lived through.

I hope you can find some time to have a break soon. Even though we are retired (there's really no such word) we seemed to be get more and more involved in committees and such. However, we are able to hand over our duties to others, thankfully.

Cheers

Sandy

they are not about the Pacific Sun and whether the smell of sewage is bad this week they write about the Oasis, the Epic the Ventura etc. The newer ships! Take a look at the prices for cruises on theses and you will find they are paying a lot less than we are for a better product.

This generalisation is around a fair bit, but not supported by the facts.

Oasis runs on average, lead-in twin price of US$1000/person for a 7 night cruise, plus taxes, plus tips.

Ventura runs on average, lead-in twin US$1400 for a 7 night cruise, plus taxes, plus tips.

Pacific Sun runs on average lead-in twin AU$900 for a 7 night cruise - FULLY INCLUSIVE of taxes and tips!

So how can you claim that they are "paying a lot less for a better product?"

I've got no issue with people having preferences, but I do with sweeping generalisations that are very inaccurate. The other typical comparison is then finding some regional special in the US market, which isn't offered here and then ignoring the specials that are offered here.

They get specials, we get specials. They have old ships, we have old ships. Generalisations like yours above just aren't valid.

I've got no issue with people having preferences, but I do with sweeping generalisations that are very inaccurate. The other typical comparison is then finding some regional special in the US market, which isn't offered here and then ignoring the specials that are offered here.

They get specials, we get specials. They have old ships, we have old ships.

Very good point. Regional specials are usually offered by a TA who organises a block booking and tees it up with low cost air and hotels if need be.

We do get Regional Specials here, but they are few and far between.

I just hope and trust as the capacity builds in Australia , we may see more.

Carnival Spirit is going to blow the local market away.....

providing it is run and priced as it is in the US market.

The decision back then was to leave it alone. But I again raised the matter "upstairs" a few weeks ago and was assured that it would be reconsidered.

For now, however, no change is in the offing.

Great to see you are watching it Walt.

As I have said before,

this board will grow and develop with demand.

One day, I foresee an Australian section,

but that will be when several lines are based here permanently.

Even then I think it should all be on the one board,

so we can compare, each line with the other.

Nothing like a bit of competition to keep them on their toes.:D

Oasis runs on average, lead-in twin price of US$1000/person for a 7 night cruise, plus taxes, plus tips.

Ventura runs on average, lead-in twin US$1400 for a 7 night cruise, plus taxes, plus tips.

Pacific Sun runs on average lead-in twin AU$900 for a 7 night cruise - FULLY INCLUSIVE of taxes and tips!

They get specials, we get specials. They have old ships, we have old ships. Generalisations like yours above just aren't valid.

You cannot seriously be comparing the Pacific sun to the Ventura or the Oasis

You must be having a laugh.

I have just spent 5 mins checking a couple of comparable cruises.

No specials just stock standard rates taken from the site, P&O early bird discount applied (I don't know anyone who pays the full fare)

Pacific Pearl 9 nights from Sydney to New Caledonia

2 people balcony cabin $2362 per person

Total $4818

$535 per day

Norwegian Jewel 7 nights from New York to the Bahamas

2 people balcony cabin US$1299 per person

Total with tax etc US$2883

US$411 per day

What is a "lead in price" anyway, is that travel agent talk?

Im sorry, but I can't follow your logic. Are you suggesting that by splitting the forum people won't be explosed to negative comments? Or are you suggesting that if the forum was split you (or others) won't be posting negative comments on P & O because you won't be reading that section? There is a simple answer to that - If reading about P & O upsets you, simply don't read those posts.

This might explain the logic, this is a direct quote taken from an earlier post in this thread:

It just makes me mad that some people cannot stop harping on and on about how bad they think P&O is. Why do they bother to come on this forum if they hate them so much?

Basically just in case you cannot understand this lady's logic she is saying that anyone who wants to criticise P&O should not come on this forum.

The same forum that is meant to be for all cruise lines that visit here.

I am sure that whoever "they" are, I doubt that they hate P&O. I personally would love them to improve their fleet. I also feel, and I have repeated this over and over ad nauseam, that P&O provide the best on board entertainment I have experienced and we have enjoyed every P&O Australia cruise I have been on but I can get a better product elsewhere.

I will just wait now for the abuse.

The 'other one' has probably had enough of this nonsense and left.

You just can't stand the fact that anyone can enjoy a P&O cruise, can you? Why does it upset you so much? I would be really interested to know. :confused:

Well, I am happy for people who enjoy their cruises, whatever ship.Why can't you be? This used to be such a happy forum, now it's all attack and bitterness.

Anyway, you can attack me as much as you like. I am beyond being hurt by mere words. In the space of the last three weeks I have lost my brother to cancer and had to have my much-loved cat put to sleep.

I still reserve the right to say I enjoyed my two recent P&O cruises. I will not lie just to be 'in' with the P&O bashers.

Sandie so sorry to hear of your losses, my thoughts are with you. YOU are one gutsy lady and I always respect your comments on CC :)

This might explain the logic, this is a direct quote taken from an earlier post in this thread:

It just makes me mad that some people cannot stop harping on and on about how bad they think P&O is. Why do they bother to come on this forum if they hate them so much?

Basically just in case you cannot understand this lady's logic she is saying that anyone who wants to criticise P&O should not come on this forum.

The same forum that is meant to be for all cruise lines that visit here.

I am sure that whoever "they" are, I doubt that they hate P&O. I personally would love them to improve their fleet. I also feel, and I have repeated this over and over ad nauseam, that P&O provide the best on board entertainment I have experienced and we have enjoyed every P&O Australia cruise I have been on but I can get a better product elsewhere.

I will just wait now for the abuse.

I don't feel that your post explains the logic. I won't abuse you - I don't abuse anyone. I read (and didn't participate) in the previous exchange of posts. I regret to say that (in my opinion) your posts were the most objectionable of those that were posted. (I didn't say 'abusive').

On several occasions you have commented that you are not happy with the product that P & O offers. That is fine. This is your opinion and obviously your prerogative to decide what suits you best and what is best value. What is the point in beating a dead horse? :D

It so happens that some other people (myself included) are happy to cruise with P & O. We book when the itinerary appeals and we get a good price. This is our choice and how we decide to spend our money. We have two cruises booked, one with P & O and one with Princess. We have cruised with many cruiselines. I haven't bothered to count, but it would be well over half a dozen (that is cruiselines, not ships). P & O mightn't be the fanciest, but we always have a great time.

I think it would be best if we agree to disagree on the matter of P & O.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Cheryl. Wonder how Jas and Eric are going? He posted on FB the other day - loves the Rhapsody. You can bet their balcony is Party Central!! :D Can't wait for his review.

Yeah cant wait to hear. Should request you guys as fb friends but how do I do that, cause can't say on here, can we? :)

My input - leave it as it is. :)

I like reading about the different cruise lines sailing from Australia/NZ ports and I don't want to be chasing all over the place trying to find the different areas.

Me too!

I like it the way it is.:)

My input - leave it as it is. :)

I like reading about the different cruise lines sailing from Australia/NZ ports and I don't want to be chasing all over the place trying to find the different areas.

Me too!

I like it the way it is.:)

If we get it changed then it will be easyer for thos who do want to read what eg p&o or princess they will each have there own site/forum.

any way whats one more click >

Love Thied

Archived