Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

With regard to the UK/European bras, one could also try the co.uk version of everyone's favourite online auction site.

Yes you will have to pay int postage but for a bra it's not much. I did this recently when looking for a bikini top in a large cup size.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

610202b8567f18df586d7bcaba77fbbe.jpg

oops, I was checking to see if the above link worked and pushed submit instead without explaining the picture...lol...

Anyways, a month ago or so, I asked for help matching up the black sequin skirt. It was suggested I pair it with a silver satin halter type top. I loved the idea, but, haven't been able to find one I like.

I was trying to get something end of season sale for a cruise this coming April to the carribean! :)

Well, yesterday, found this 'raspberry' colored silky top that I really like...what do you think?? I love the color. It showing orange, but,it is more pink or raspberry.

Still will keep my eyes open for a silver one, but, at least have this one in the meantime.

oops, I was checking to see if the above link worked and pushed submit instead without explaining the picture...lol...

Anyways, a month ago or so, I asked for help matching up the black sequin skirt. It was suggested I pair it with a silver satin halter type top. I loved the idea, but, haven't been able to find one I like.

I was trying to get something end of season sale for a cruise this coming April to the carribean! :)

Well, yesterday, found this 'raspberry' colored silky top that I really like...what do you think?? I love the color. It showing orange, but,it is more pink or raspberry.

Still will keep my eyes open for a silver one, but, at least have this one in the meantime.

It is a pretty top but not one I would pair with the skirt personally as the top looks a little more casual to me, although it is hard to see what type of material it is from the picture.

However, as you say you have this in the meantime. The shops will soon be littered with glitzy tops with the holidays just around the corner and I am sure you will be able to find something as glam as the skirt.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I love the raspberry color idea but would lean toward tucking this top in as opposed to having a blousy look. I think it's very 'on trend' not to make this skirt too dressy. See this look a lot with more casual tops. Personally, I think this one fits the bill but a silver one would be dressier.

Your top is a bit casual for the skirt but might look fun and funky in the dance club. Have you looked at I.N.C. tops? In December and January you will be able to get great sales on their usual glam holiday collection of sleeveless/tank tops. Here's an example of a top that would look great with the skirt IMO. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-top-sleeveless-cowl-neck-satin?ID=723979&CategoryID=26518&LinkType=#fn=sp%3D2%26spc%3D97%26ruleId%3D65%26slotId%3D65

Thanks ladies for your suggestions. Yes, with holidays coming up probably lots of opportunities for a silver top--didn't even think of that!

No royal...haven't looked at I.N.C. and do like the link you shared...will look into the brand more.

Thanks ladies for your suggestions. Yes, with holidays coming up probably lots of opportunities for a silver top--didn't even think of that!

No royal...haven't looked at I.N.C. and do like the link you shared...will look into the brand more.

I really like this one too but it isn't on sale yet!

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-top-sleeveless-cowl-neck-lace?ID=750687&CategoryID=255&RVI=Browse_2

tizzylizz: Your raspberry top will look great on a Caribbean cruise. I agree that, although it's fun, pretty; it's too casual for your skirt...maybe a sparkly silver belt? I've already seen holiday glitzy tops - you will find one, I'm sure. And if you choose to wear the raspberry top, wear it with confidence and have fun!

Edited by indiana71

tizzylizz: Your raspberry top will look great on a Caribbean cruise. I agree that, although it's fun, pretty; it's too casual for your skirt...maybe a sparkly silver belt? I've already seen holiday glitzy tops - you will find one, I'm sure. And if you choose to wear the raspberry top, wear it with confidence and have fun!

I figured if I didn't end up using with skirt...I could use with some white Capri/pants. But, I agree the fabric looks kind of casual...but, in reality is has a satin sheen to it---bit dressier look to it, then what is showing up in picture.

I figured if I didn't end up using with skirt...I could use with some white Capri/pants. But, I agree the fabric looks kind of casual...but, in reality is has a satin sheen to it---bit dressier look to it, then what is showing up in picture.

It's a really pretty top, and would go great with white, black, grey, cream, even brown. BUT, for some reason, I do not feel that the lace on the neckline works well with the sequined skirt. That's probably just my freaky OCD-ness or something, because no one else has seemed to think that's an issue. I would probably go with something satiny but with no embellishments.

It's a really pretty top, and would go great with white, black, grey, cream, even brown. BUT, for some reason, I do not feel that the lace on the neckline works well with the sequined skirt. That's probably just my freaky OCD-ness or something, because no one else has seemed to think that's an issue. I would probably go with something satiny but with no embellishments.

Don't worry about the OCD, as most of us have said no the the match for whatever reason:D:D

We're cruising to the Bahamas in January and I have no idea what the weather will be like. Consequently, I have no idea what clothes to pack. Please, can anyone help?

When I cruised to the Bahamas in December 2009 it was sunny and in the 80s. I would think it would be similar in January.

Any idea where I can find and inexpensive pair of silver sandals with little heel. If the heel is higher it needs to be broader as I NEVER wear heels and fall off of them! LOL

Thanks!

089095_6_167x167.jpgI found these at Payless by googling silver sandals. Not sure if these would work for you, but they usually have good prices. Most of the department stores have sandals on clearance right now, too. Good luck!

sandal.jpg.b5aad9f76599f81b04e14427828f096d.jpg

Any idea where I can find and inexpensive pair of silver sandals with little heel. If the heel is higher it needs to be broader as I NEVER wear heels and fall off of them! LOL

Thanks!

Try Zappos.com. You will be able to choose your price, color and heel height. I have a pair of Caparros (think that's the name) that are silver strappy sandals that are very pretty. Here they are from my Eastern Med cruise..hope you get the idea.

IMG_0728_zps462dbe0c.jpg

beachbaby917: Welcome! You have come to the right place for suggestions RE What to Wear:cool::).

Take summer clothes - bright colors - easy-wear fabrics - swimsuits!

ConnieJJ: I have those payless silver sandals! They are stylish, well-made AND comfortable. For shoes that don't get worn alot, they're perfect:).

Zappos is always a good place to go, too.

tizzylizz: TOP w/ SPARKLY SKIRT: lovestx is wearing very nice silver sandals (Thanks for posting the pix!).

The black top is perfect with the sparkly skirt. The top is plain but has great lines and doesn't compete with the skirt.

Sandals are the perfect accessory.

beachbaby917: Welcome! You have come to the right place for suggestions RE What to Wear:cool::).

Take summer clothes - bright colors - easy-wear fabrics - swimsuits!

ConnieJJ: I have those payless silver sandals! They are stylish, well-made AND comfortable. For shoes that don't get worn alot, they're perfect:).

Zappos is always a good place to go, too.

tizzylizz: TOP w/ SPARKLY SKIRT: lovestx is wearing very nice silver sandals (Thanks for posting the pix!).

The black top is perfect with the sparkly skirt. The top is plain but has great lines and doesn't compete with the skirt.

Sandals are the perfect accessory.

Just to clarify...that is actually a dress! And it was the perfect thing to wear at the end of a food and drink-filled 11 night cruise!

Thanks for the suggestions, I needed wedges and not too high as I have weak ankles and have just had knee surgery, lol I fall off of shoes with no excuse... but now I have one! So I posted on our local FB yard sale page and got the cutest pair of silver wedge sandals worn 2 times, for $10!

27 days till we sail and it is our first cruise and we are excited!!!

Connie!