Thoughts on 'Snorkel Bermuda" ??

travelloverontario

I found Snorkel Bermuda through Trip Advisor, and was wondering if anyone on this forum has used them. They run a 2 hour snorkel excursion (NOT through the ship) from the Dockyard area.

How did you like the service, etc...also...there is no price list on the website...does anyone remember the cost for his 2 hour snorkel?? I've e-mailed him, but have not yet heard back.

Thanks to anyone with info...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I booked them for June. Snorkel Bermuda got really good reviews on Trip Advisor, but I'm still wondering if anyone here has been on the trip. Also, will beginner snorkelers/teens like this trip? (Note: we are not beginner swimmers...we have a pool, so we swim all the time).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just came back from a Norwegian Gem cruise where we snorkeled the Montana and Constellation wreck sites with Sonny from Snorkel Bermuda. Sonny's boat is very convenient to get to from the ship (right by the ferry dock). Once everyone is on board, Sonny gets underway and gives a background talk about himself, his philosophy, and the star of the show, his dog Audrey. Then he brings the boat up to full speed and you get an exhilarating 20 minute ride out 3-4 miles to the wreck site, where Sonny ties up to a buoy. Then he gives you another talk on the history and layout of the wrecks, then a brief checkout on the snorkel method for beginners, then in the water. He has all the equipment you'll need if you don't have your own. The wrecks are very interesting and the snorkeling is easy, the current's not that strong. After an hour or so - which is about all you'll want unless you're in top shape - back in the boat, and then the ride back to the pier. I've been to Bermuda 4 times, and in my opinion Snorkel Bermuda's the best tour on the island. If you go with Sonny, you won't be disappointed.

Just came back from a Norwegian Gem cruise where we snorkeled the Montana and Constellation wreck sites with Sonny from Snorkel Bermuda. Sonny's boat is very convenient to get to from the ship (right by the ferry dock). Once everyone is on board, Sonny gets underway and gives a background talk about himself, his philosophy, and the star of the show, his dog Audrey. Then he brings the boat up to full speed and you get an exhilarating 20 minute ride out 3-4 miles to the wreck site, where Sonny ties up to a buoy. Then he gives you another talk on the history and layout of the wrecks, then a brief checkout on the snorkel method for beginners, then in the water. He has all the equipment you'll need if you don't have your own. The wrecks are very interesting and the snorkeling is easy, the current's not that strong. After an hour or so - which is about all you'll want unless you're in top shape - back in the boat, and then the ride back to the pier. I've been to Bermuda 4 times, and in my opinion Snorkel Bermuda's the best tour on the island. If you go with Sonny, you won't be disappointed.

I'm trying to decide between a snorkelling tour such as this (or Jesse James), or just snorkelling at one of the beaches. Did you see alot of fish around the wrecks? How many people does he take on his boat? Was it crowded at the snorkelling site with other boats from the cruise ship excursions? What was the cost? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

I'm trying to decide between a snorkelling tour such as this (or Jesse James), or just snorkelling at one of the beaches. Did you see alot of fish around the wrecks? How many people does he take on his boat? Was it crowded at the snorkelling site with other boats from the cruise ship excursions? What was the cost? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what constitutes "a lot" of fish. There were fish around of many types and colors, some that you do not typically see closer in shore. Some of the larger fish hovered in the shadow of the boat, ranging in size from the length of your hand to at least one that seemed several feet long. Others darted in and out of the coral and the wreck. Sonny takes anywhere from 2 to 10 people on his boats (he has two). The cost is $45 pp cash, $50 credit. No crowds, and the wrecks are big enough that you'll have plenty of room. There were some people scuba diving in the area where we were, but they were beneath us and did not get in our way and were actually interesting to watch.

If you're going to snorkel a beach, I recommend Church Bay, but beware, the current is strong. The reefs there are stunning.

Archived