Inspiration Review (with pics) to Grand Cayman and Cozumel

ohitssunshine

Sooo that is pretty much it.

A couple side notes...

Room service-

Every night we filled out the sheet for the breakfast. After the 3rd night they forgot to leave the blank order form and I had to call for one. They slid 4 under the door.

Everytime we ordered 2 oj's we got 1. I thought about ordering 3 but I was afraid I'd really get 3. I ordered 1 OJ and 2 grapefruit. I got one of each. I'm not complaining, I just thought it was amusing. Other than that, we got some coffee and usually a bagel or toast. Something to munch on until we got ready and ate real (buffet) breakfast.

For the other orders it was mostly condiment mess ups. They do not provide 1000 island for the room service reuben. When I requested a side of that, I was shorted a blue cheese for the veggie sticks.

We were all big fans of the blue cheese they used and wanted extra. I ordered 3 sides of veggies with extra blue cheese and we got 2 sides of veggies with 3 cups of ranch. It was close...

Also,

The past guest party was on Wednesday, Cayman Islands day. It is held for 45 minutes and all drinks are free. We received printed invites under our door the night before. I think we napped instead.

I do have Fun Times with the exception of Tuesday if anyone is interested. And I also have the 9-11 camp activities...I guess I lost the 12-14.

During my sons 12-14 year old activities they are allowed to sign out and come and go as they please. I was asking the director ok, so he will be here with you and then there with you and she pretty much said "I can't tell them to stay, but if they come with me yes" Which makes sense, but left me feeling a little uneasy. I checked on him or had him check in often because I did not want him roaming the ship alone. One night at the 'hot tub hang' their director was by the bar flirting with a male dancer. :confused:

I know people say a CD can make or break their cruise and I know alot of people have strong opinions about what makes a great CD. I was really not impressed with Stephanie at all. Anytime there was supposed to be a "party" of sorts it was fizzled out. I think that the presence of a CD with a great outgoing personality will change that. At some events passengers were just kind of looking around like where is the party? Am I in the right place? That is just my opinion but I would probably avoid a future booking that had her scheduled.

That is all I can think of right now. If anyone has any particular questions that might jog my memory I am more than happy to attempt answering!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!

Thank you so much for this review! We are on the same cruise one week from tomorrow and I am getting so excited just from reading this review!:)

Thank you! And enjoy your trip! I know there is so much anticipation before leaving! I was counting down every second of every day...I even snuck in Corona here and there to...you know...mentally prepare for Mexico! :D

Thank you for the review and pictures!

We're on Thursday's 4-day to Cozumel, since it fit our schedules better and was cheaper. As first-timers, we wanted the lowest price, in case one of us doesn't like it (or spends all her time being sea sick).

Smart choice! We started with a 5 day alone, but when we took the kids we also did the 4 day in case they got sick or were like...get me out of here! Our youngest has been known to randomly decide she won't do something and no matter what she won't! We were worried day 2 she would be like...let's go!

Have fun and I hope you enjoy it!

By far the most entertaining review I have read. We were on the Inspiration in August and had a great time. I also agree the CD was just so/so for us. She just seemed to be missing that something special that other CDs have.

Thank you so much! Our family is full of sarcasm and laughter so I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

So Stephanie was the CD back in August too? I thought I had read that she was one that was rotated quite often so I was curious to know if there were more opinions out there. I hated to be disappointed but I really, really tried to be all woohoo about her. It never happened. Good thing I had my entertaining family with me!

Enjoying your review. Keep it coming.

We will hopefully be going on the May 2 sailing. Will pay for it in March.

Can you describe the buffets? How was the food? Did you try Serenity?

I have been on the Imagination and I forgot the layout. Is there a bar back in the Serenity area?

We have a group of 11 going on the May 2 sailing :D

can't wait!!!

Thanks for the fantastic review. Loved the pictures.

I'm curiously why Paul Santley isn't on the Inspiration. That's who was on the list for our cruise when John Heald put it out.

Thank you for reading, and I was wondering the same thing. I actually went back and checked it today because it just dawned on me that I remembered reading that!

We have a group of 11 going on the May 2 sailing :D

can't wait!!!

Jealous....

Hey I am curious, have you traveled with that large a group before? When we had the 3 cabins, one us, one kids and one his sister and BF, we found it sometimes hard to determine when and where to meet and how to get in touch.

We did do a lot of cabin to cabin calling, but I think we would have benefited from the walkie talkies. Any thoughts or suggestions? We would like to add more groups to tag along next time that weren't able to this time.

Great review, thanks for posting. Inspiration is one of my favorites, I'm gonna be sorry to see her leave for the West Coast.

BTW: I just got off Radiance OTS yesterday, and we passed right by you guys as we were heading out to Cozumel:

232323232%7Ffp433%3C9%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3A%3C55346326nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43445%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3A%3C55345326nu0mrj

Thanks for reading! That is too funny...I know we saw a couple of ships here and there but great that you got pics! Even more funny...I lived in Ocala until 2 years ago-now in the Villages area. Small world!

Jealous....

Hey I am curious, have you traveled with that large a group before? When we had the 3 cabins, one us, one kids and one his sister and BF, we found it sometimes hard to determine when and where to meet and how to get in touch.

We did do a lot of cabin to cabin calling, but I think we would have benefited from the walkie talkies. Any thoughts or suggestions? We would like to add more groups to tag along next time that weren't able to this time.

yes! we always seem to travel in groups! my 1st cruise we had 20+:eek: and our last cruise was 14!

I guess we kind of just winged it and usually just picked a bar to meet up before dinner~so everyone knew where we would be! other than that if we bumped into one another around the pool during the day it was by chance! We usually book our excursions all together!

I think if my son was older (he is only 7 1/2) I might want a walkie talkie...but other than that I don't think we need to get in touch with anyone else that bad :D I guess I think they are kind of a nuisance lol

Great review by the way!!!!

Ok...need to take a break for a little bit.

Really quick...we were scheduled to leave Mexico at 8pm, with everyone onboard at 7:30. About 7:35 we heard a call for one guest to call guest services. At about 7:45 we hear another call for 2 different guest to call guest services. Right after that call you see all of the lights go off at Fat Tuesday's and surrounding bars. I thought that was funny...last ship docked getting ready to leave and that's it...they are closed and headed home!

Well right before 8 pm we see:

Could this be...guest #1?

IMG_3671.jpg

Everyone on board is yelling RUN! RUN!

And just about 5 minutes later....

IMG_3673.jpg

I think this was their sign language for "Get your ass on this ship!"

IMG_3675.jpg

lol...love it!!

Day 2: Sea Day

I am pretty sure that everyone woke up day 2 sea sick...the ship was rocking and rolling like crazy! At 6 am we were traveling at about 18 knots per hour and the waves outside the window were good size.

I have to admit I lost the Fun Times from today, so I am going to try to piece it together the best I can.

At about 10 am we went to the welcome aboard information session. Stephanie Meads was the cruise director and she headed the session. She covered the ports, and the top 4 excursions for each port as well as some of the major events happening during the cruise on board. She was ok at this point, kind of funny talking about the drunks in Cozumel and how she recommended you wear the Carnival towel over your shoulders so when you do pass out they can claim you as one of theirs. I felt she covered the tendering process for Grand Cayman well, and overall it was informative. At this point I wasn't sure if I was going to love her or leave her!

With the sun finally shining, the Lido Deck was packed with people. There were no empty chairs on any level and we managed to rearrange a few to secure a space on the waterslide deck facing the water. The kids love the water slides on board, and I love the sun.

122of51.jpg

As I was enjoying some sun, we were delivered a notice to our room regarding the recent incident with the Royal Caribbean employee in Mexico.

CCI02122011_00000-1.jpg

At this point we were unsure what our plan would be, but we already had reservations for Nachi Cocum and I really did not want to have to miss that!

Thank you so much for the great review, you are kind to take the time to do this. We are sailng on Inspiration on the 26th and cannot wait! About the deck chair problem on Day 2, is it generally a problem obtaining chairs on Sea Days? What the heck do you do if they are all taken? And where in the world did you all get those huge bottles of booze you were chugging from?? Thanks again for all the information. :)

Archived