duty free ciggies

BIGMANTAM

I am going on the IE on the Atlantic sunrise cruise. I was wondering if it is possible to buy duty free ciggies onboard and use them during my cruise or if they get delivered to you on the last night of your cruise. I have been many times on Thomsons other ships and you are allowed to take them away with you as soon as you purchase them, this also includes alcohol, but I have noticed from a few links on this website if you buy alcohol from duty free you dont get that until last night so was wondering about the tobacco.

Any advice on this would be great. Cheers:confused:

Hi I don't smoke but we weren't allowed to take our duty free's away in the Canaries but we were allowed to when we went on a cruise round Turkey last year. Not sure about the Med. but perhaps it was because Turkey is not in the EU. It's hard to say with your cruise as I believe you are travelling from the Canaries to the Med, correct me if I am wrong. If I were you I would proceed on the notion that you won't be able to take your duty free away then you won't be disappointed.:):)

That wasn't much help was it? lol, but at least I tried.:D:D

Jan

last time i was on oct 09 round the med they dont sell cigs duty free in shop did have single packets in bar but i dont think there cheap sorry non smoker i am going on cruise with IE maderia to majorca at easter .I am also going on royal caribbean in oct and have read on there web sight they are not allowed to sell duty free cigs or booze in spanish waters and a 8% spanish tax is added as well as 15% service charge goin teetotal

Hi guys thanks for your replies. I was kinda hoping to get my ciggies onboard when we are in the canarian waters or when we are on the african coast as this is outside the e.u regulations where very little tax is paid. I have been onboard the spirit and the celebration in these waters and there was no problem with this so this must be an IE thing:mad:

I am going on the IE on the Atlantic sunrise cruise. I was wondering if it is possible to buy duty free ciggies onboard and use them during my cruise or if they get delivered to you on the last night of your cruise. I have been many times on Thomsons other ships and you are allowed to take them away with you as soon as you purchase them, this also includes alcohol, but I have noticed from a few links on this website if you buy alcohol from duty free you dont get that until last night so was wondering about the tobacco.

Any advice on this would be great. Cheers:confused:

The ability to sell duty free cigs very much depends on whether travelling in E.U. If travelling to all EU countries/ports then the duty free isn't available.

A Med cruise would fall foul of this law,unless of course it calls in at Turkey/Tunisia which enables them to get round this.

Last year on our Med cruise duty free was not available in the shop but available behind bars( packs of 20).Passengers were buying multiple packs so bars run out of cigs fairly quickley but the bar staff were happy to take orders for sleeves of 200/400 :D and we were able to collect the same evening

Archived