Advantages to different decks...and some questions...

tulips*n*truffles

I'm new to NCL and have only sailed on Princess. When I booked on Princess, there were lots of threads about the advantages and disadvantages of certain cabin locations or certain decks...but I'm having trouble figuring it out on NCL.

Haven't actually selected an itinerary yet - cruising the first week of August and it seems everywhere available is HOT HOT HOT!! So...input on that would be awesome if anyone has it to give...

*Are all of the balconies covered/enclosed?

*Are there differences between balcony cabins on decks 9/10/11?

*On our last cruise, we were quite forward on the ship and both got seasick...is midship or aft better for us??

Thanks so much!!

Mid ship is good on any of the balconies. Mostly all the same except for the suites. A good piece of advice is if you book a cabin on the upper floors, check out the level above you and see what is above your cabin. You do not want to be on Deck 11 front under the gym. You will hear weights banging once the gym opens in the morning.

You will love NCL. Freestyle is the only way to go for me.

;)

I'm new to NCL and have only sailed on Princess. When I booked on Princess, there were lots of threads about the advantages and disadvantages of certain cabin locations or certain decks...but I'm having trouble figuring it out on NCL.

Haven't actually selected an itinerary yet - cruising the first week of August and it seems everywhere available is HOT HOT HOT!! So...input on that would be awesome if anyone has it to give...

*Are all of the balconies covered/enclosed?

*Are there differences between balcony cabins on decks 9/10/11?

*On our last cruise, we were quite forward on the ship and both got seasick...is midship or aft better for us??

Thanks so much!!

Yes, midship is better. The stern is OK too, but there will be vibration from stern thrustres early morning when the ship is leaving/entering ports.

Epic layout is very complicated.

In this detailed Epic review with pics and video you will see more info about choosing a better cabin on Epic.

If you have questions about specific cabins location - I am willing to help.

For me I prefer midship near the stairs and elevators....makes it easier to get everywhere you want. I accidentally chose a room below the pool deck but we will have a 10 1/2 month old with us and he won't let us sleep very late anyways so I doubt it will bother us. Deck 10 would have been better for noise because deck 11 is all rooms. Talking about the Spirit.

I was at the very front once and when we would pull into port and it was like an earthquake; very shaky and very noisy.

Archived