What's The Red Star Mean?

rickcop44

The star means you have been identified as a member of CC :) Be warned that your luggage will be searched thoroughly (shoes and void spaces included) for any smuggling. You may or may not be strip searched when you board the ship :)

I'm okay with that. Reminds of flying with my 86 year old MIL. She loves getting searched by TSA. Always points to some young guy and asks, "Can he search me?" Chill Mom, chill.

Just curious folks. This morning, I took another gander at my itinerary for my February 27 Legend cruise (hoping we'd changed from Belize to Costa Maya - no such luck) and I notice, for the first time, that a red star has appeared to the left of my name. There is no such star beside my wife's name. I searched the Carnival website, hoping to find out what the star meant, but no such luck. Anyone have any ideas what the red star means?

Just checked our booked cruise for Nov. '11, and I have a red star beside my name (primary) under the "My Billing" section of the "My Cruise Details" page.

It has shown on our last 2 cruises too. Nothing miraculous happened, no special perks, no upgrades ! :(

This is the funniest thread ever! I have been laughing out loud through the whole thing. I'm a sneetch without a star.... :o I'm feeling left out, but I did book through a TA (I didn't know any better...this is our first ever cruise.) But then I HAVE purchase fun ship dollars through Bon Voyage for OBC...but no billing tab to be found anywhere...but I can see my OBC. So I don't know if or how this helps the discussion but I thought I would add it.

LOL visit from three guys bearing gifts... LOL priceless!

My daughter has a star. She's ten. I don't think she has enough in her savings toeven pay for my anticipated bar bill:p

Boatingmom, I just noticed your daughter's name has appeared on my booking as well and the star has changed from me to her. I want to thank you for paying for my cruise. It just goes to show there are still a lot of good people in this world. I will be thinking of you as I sail the Caribbean in nine days.

HELP! I have a red star. How do I get rid of it? :eek:

You don't. You learn to live with it. If that red star means what everyone seems to think it means, you'll need to get an appointment with your physician so he can prescribe anti-depressants when you get the final bill on your cruise.

Here's my theory, considering I have a star on my Carnival booking, and not on my booking through a TA:

• The red star appears only on the Billing tab of your online Carnival account page.
  • If you book through a TA, you get no Billing tab, and thus no red star.
  • Once you make a purchase directly through Carnival, a Billing tab is added to your online account page for tracking/cancellation/payment purposes.
  • The star appears next to the purchaser who is billed.

Well here's one for you, the star is next to my wife's name, even though I did the booking, completed the funpass, receive the e-mails about the cruise, made the payments, etc., etc., etc... and I also note that she's now listed as the responsible party elsewhere in the booking! Boy is she going to be mad. ;)

Doesn't matter, all we have is joint accounts, so if she has to pay I have to pay and vice-versa.

My theory is that if the Caribbean Pirates board (NOT to be confused with the Somalian ones- rather the ones starring Johnny Depp) then you are the one that walks the plank. So my son sails home with a great story about how mom had to walk the plank.

Gives a whole new meaning to "Mom just got air!!!" :D

Gives a whole new meaning to "Mom just got air!!!" :D

LOL!!!!

I just saw that commercial and of course I had to "stop life" and watch!!

I DO have a red star next to my name ....do you think I could call and change it so DD has to pay the bill?!?!?!?