What's The Red Star Mean?

rickcop44

isnt this site or post monitored by the CS people at CC?? You'd think they would do a post to "clarify" some of the questions like this one for all its members, who were on the site. :confused:

If I understand you correctly that you are puzzled by the original post question of the red star, I'll try to answer: For anyone who has not accessed their Carnival account online it may seem obscure but if you do access your cruise on the Carnival site you will see the details of your trip. In one link that has the names of your party there may or may not be a big Red Star next to one of the names. Hope that helps.

My personal hope is that the big red star by my name does mean I am a super star but I suspect it means I am the one who booked the cruise.

If I understand you correctly that you are puzzled by the original post question of the red star, I'll try to answer: For anyone who has not accessed their Carnival account online it may seem obscure but if you do access your cruise on the Carnival site you will see the details of your trip. In one link that has the names of your party there may or may not be a big Red Star next to one of the names. Hope that helps.

My personal hope is that the big red star by my name does mean I am a super star but I suspect it means I am the one who booked the cruise.

I'm the one who booked the cruise and had no red star when this thread started, now today, I have a red star. I just called to order alcohol and the star appeared right after?????

I'm the one who booked the cruise and had no red star when this thread started, now today, I have a red star. I just called to order alcohol and the star appeared right after?????

Then I can still hope we, the starred ones, are indeed super stars to Carnival! lol

Somehow I suspect the real reason is going to be a lot less enjoyable than all the guesses have been. Love this thread!

Then I can still hope we, the starred ones, are indeed super stars to Carnival! lol

Somehow I suspect the real reason is going to be a lot less enjoyable than all the guesses have been. Love this thread!

ah ah probably.....too funny though, that about 1 hour after I called I checked my billing and there was the red star - it was not there this morning.

The star means you have been identified as a member of CC :) Be warned that your luggage will be searched thoroughly (shoes and void spaces included) for any smuggling. You may or may not be strip searched when you board the ship :)

LOLOLOL! The next question is going to be "How Can I Remove My Big Red Star". Too funny!

ah ah probably.....too funny though, that about 1 hour after I called I checked my billing and there was the red star - it was not there this morning.

Here's my theory, considering I have a star on my Carnival booking, and not on my booking through a TA:

• The red star appears only on the Billing tab of your online Carnival account page.
  • If you book through a TA, you get no Billing tab, and thus no red star.
  • Once you make a purchase directly through Carnival, a Billing tab is added to your online account page for tracking/cancellation/payment purposes.
  • The star appears next to the purchaser who is billed.

My theory is that if the Caribbean Pirates board (NOT to be confused with the Somalian ones- rather the ones starring Johnny Depp) then you are the one that walks the plank. So my son sails home with a great story about how mom had to walk the plank.

My theory is that if the Caribbean Pirates board (NOT to be confused with the Somalian ones- rather the ones starring Johnny Depp) then you are the one that walks the plank. So my son sails home with a great story about how mom had to walk the plank.

So, since I have the star, I get to meet Johnny Depp :eek: Wow, carnival is da bomb! Wait 'til I tell everyone JD is going to be on my cruise......

I have a red star too. I am sharing a cabin with my best friend and her son and my son...

We both have our own accounts set up and I am the only one with a star...

Does this mean I am famous now ?:cool:

Carleyann

Edited by Charleyann