Question About Guarantee Stateroom

will773

I am looking at a guarantee stateroom on the Allure. On the RCCL website, it is listed as deckplan code Q. Does this mean that I would be placed in a category Q stateroom? If so, why don't they just let those cabins be bookable and let the people choose their own cabin?

I am looking at a guarantee stateroom on the Allure. On the RCCL website, it is listed as deckplan code Q. Does this mean that I would be placed in a category Q stateroom? If so, why don't they just let those cabins be bookable and let the people choose their own cabin?

you could, but typically you will get an n or better inside

booking a guarantee means you are guaranteed to get nothing less than you paid for, but "may" get an upgrade.

They keep these "lower price" guarantees to attract more looking for a low price, who don't care where their cabins are , and hope to get a nice upgrade.

We booked 3 Q GTY's for the Allure inaugural and ended up with 3 pink L's - 2 supposedly adjoining (<-> on the deck plans but no door to be found) and 1 around the corner in a perfect location on Deck 8 by Central Park :) We paid $749pp and I think the going rate at the time for the L's was $1049 so we essentially got the 3rd cabin almost FREE just by booking GTY rooms!

When I book, I see which cabins are available, and willing to pay a little more to be in the middle. If I see these cabins are all taken, I will not go on the cruise.

This means, if somebody doesn't care when his cabin is, took up my cabin, only he can cruise. If I picked a cabin, but that other person is "guaranteed" means we both go.

More cabins sold, better for the cruise line.

I understand what you are all saying, but usually, when you are on the website, it says the category is GTY. For this cruise, it specifically says category Q. Category Q is also not listed under the other inside cabins. I would be weary about booking these guarantee cabins, because if they really are just Q rooms, they are smaller than the other cabins.

I understand what you are all saying, but usually, when you are on the website, it says the category is GTY. For this cruise, it specifically says category Q. Category Q is also not listed under the other inside cabins. I would be weary about booking these guarantee cabins, because if they really are just Q rooms, they are smaller than the other cabins.

Then you shouldn't book the guarantee. Never book a guarantee when the least desirable cabin in the category would make you unhappy.

That is the whole point of pricing them cheaper. The less desirable the cabin or location, the more likely you will get it under guaranteed assignment.

The flip side is the chance of winding up in a more desirable location as the guaranteed cabins fill up with more people wanting to book them.

But there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets upgraded to what as far as I can tell from reading these boards for years.

It is a crap shoot at best. And not one I am going to take. I want the peace of mind of knowing EXACTLY where my cabin will be and EXACTLY what size it is going to be.

If that isnt as important to someone else, then a guarantee is perfectly fine.

Archived