Help me understand this new "deal"?

tulips*n*truffles

So I got the email today about the "balcony for the price of an oceanview" and other deals for the next 3 days.

But I'm not seeing it. I've looked at numerous itineraries that have the highlighted * next to them, but the deal isn't there.

For example, the July 30 sailing to Hawaii...the balcony isn't the same as an oceanview on any of the sailings...but more than half have the *??

Being new to NCL, I thought maybe I'm missing something??

For that 7/30 sailing, it looks like the lowest balcony category is the same as the highest oceanview, so you could get a balcony for the price of an oceanview, just not the least expensive OV.

I compared this sale to our Epic sailing (no OVs, so mini-suite for price of balcony) and the lowest mini-suite category is the same price as one of the mid-category balconies (not the least expensive balconies).

Had the same problem with trying to book the Jade. The little astericks were there but when I called my PCC she said it was not available.

Yep, the fine print's a bear. Today I called to book the Jade with the 4 ctegory upgrade and the OBC. Well, I did get a pretty good price with our military and Latitude but could not get any OBC because it was not combinable.

In talking to my PCC (who've I gotten to know pretty well over the years), she said had had very few cruises this week where the offers were actually available - very upset customers and tough on her as well.

Archived