Booking next cruise while on board

PaulMedik

I've read that some ships have reservation systems onboard for booking future cruises.

For those that know; Can you book other Carnival ships? What type of deal do you get for booking on board? I've read of 'shipboard credit' but what does that amount to?

I'm looking to book the Liberty for 8 days in April '06. So far it isn't an option online. Would I be better off booking as soon as it's available or booking while on board the Victory in June?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all insights.

I don't think CCL offers anything to book on board. At least that what I think I read in another post on this subject.

judyf:

I read that they don't and I also think I read that some do...Or at least I think I read that some do. :eek: :D

I have pre-booked cruises before while on Princess to get the room credits. Its a great deal. I'm going on the Sensation May 7 and had my TA call Carnival to see of the credits and downpayment were transferable since Carnival now owns Princess. I was told they are not, can only be used on Princess. But the TA was told that you can make a downpayment on a future cruise while on a Carnival.

Hopefully that's true, making a downpayment on a future cruise and getting room credit is a great deal.

zukecruiser, what a small world, I work in Neenah at a local store. Perhaps we have even crossed paths.

We too have gotten shipboard credit while booking on board past cruises. You also get the dining time you prefer.

I did it once, assuming I was getting a great deal, and found it was not.

My last Disney cruise they had a desk set up on deck 4 to book future cruises. I laughed when I saw what they were offering, based on what I paid for the one I was on.

Archived