On Board Activities Cost

We are considering taking our first RCI cruise. I understand there are tons of activities and the entertainment seems to be great, but what costs extra? I have searched RCI website and scanned through this board's pages (well I gave the first 5 a good browsing;)) but I don't really see a comprehensive accounting. We have not really considered RCI because when doing price comparison, RCI is more expensive. We are looking for a something different and are willing to pay extra for a good experience. However, the attractions on board won't tip the scale in RCI's favor if we pay more for the cruise and have to pay even more to take advantage of the on-board activities. I guess what I am interested in is if there are costs for: ice skating, any of the shows, Flo Rider, H20 park, rock climbing wall, zipline, and aqua theater? If so, would anyone mind sharing the cost? Thanks in advance for the info.

We are considering taking our first RCI cruise. I understand there are tons of activities and the entertainment seems to be great, but what costs extra? I have searched RCI website and scanned through this board's pages (well I gave the first 5 a good browsing;)) but I don't really see a comprehensive accounting. We have not really considered RCI because when doing price comparison, RCI is more expensive. We are looking for a something different and are willing to pay extra for a good experience. However, the attractions on board won't tip the scale in RCI's favor if we pay more for the cruise and have to pay even more to take advantage of the on-board activities. I guess what I am interested in is if there are costs for: ice skating, any of the shows, Flo Rider, H20 park, rock climbing wall, zipline, and aqua theater? If so, would anyone mind sharing the cost? Thanks in advance for the info.

I would highly recommend RCI. All of the activities that you mention in your post are all free of charge and included in your cruise fare.

There are a few activities that have some cost, most are spa related or food related (cupcake class, wine tasting, martini session, etc). All of the general activities are free.

Have a great cruise.

You didn't ask about these but wanted to note a few of the activities do have charges. Easiest way to find out what is cruisedocs.com and check out some compasses for your possible itineraries. They have $ signs next to them denoting an extra charge.

Classes with surcharge-

Cupcake Decorating

Scrapbook

Mixology (make your own drinks)

Flo Rider lessons

Food with surcharge-

Cupcakes

Candy from Candy shop

Ice cream from Ice cream parlour (but the soft serve on other parts of the ship is free)

Specialty Restaurants

MDR Chops steak

Every single one of these activities is included in that cruisefare.

Now BOOK THAT CRUISE and GET OUT THERE! :p :)

There is an $85 charge for the Zip Line on Labadee.

But onboard Allure and Oasis there is no charge. Admittedly the length of the ride is much shorter but the OP was asking about onboard activities and all of the ones being asked about are included in the cruise fare.:)

Archived