How is it My Time Dining?

I read that we have to request a certain time for My Time Dining. Is that true? Who should we notify? It seems to defeat the purpose.

Not required...recommended so you can walk in and get seated right away...however you can just show up and be seated at the first open table. If however you want a table for 2 or 4 etc...reserving it ahead is far better.

I read that we have to request a certain time for My Time Dining. Is that true? Who should we notify? It seems to defeat the purpose.

Don't believe everything you read on Cruise Critic or elsewhere. You are not REQUIRED to reserve a specific time and when we have booked MTD we have not done so. Simply arrived at the dining room at the time that we wished to dine and never had a wait of longer than 5 minutes to get a table. If you are part of a large party, you might find it advantageous to make a reservation, but even then you can dine at a different time each evening if that is your wish. Obviously there would be a problem if everyone elected to show up at the same time, but dining time preferences seem to spread out over the evening and that problem rarely arises. We have experienced Anytime Dining on Princess, Freestyle Dining on NCL and My Time Dining on RCI. It has been our experience that MTD works better for us than the other two.:)

Some people swear by the reservations thing - others like to show up at what time works best for them and hope to be seated relatively soon. We are in the latter camp. Reservations are not required. Oh, some may suggest them but I agree with you, OP - it defeats the purpose of MTD.

From experience, we went to the designated dining room at the time we wanted to; we were seated right away 4 out of 6 nights. One night we were asked to take a seat in the waiting area and as soon as we sat down, we were called. One night we were asked to wait and we did - for 2 minutes, maybe less. It was so not a big deal.

Don't let anyone scare you with their horror stories about MTD. While I am sure there are exceptions, the general rule is that it is a success.

Have fun on your cruise. :)

Archived