ZAANDAM - New Photos Signature of Excellence

I'm sailing on the Zaandam on 4/1/2005 and was wondering if anyone has new ship photos since the 1/2005 extensive drydock and Signature of Excellence upgrades. Does anyone know of any photo links since the drydock?

Have the soft furnishings in the cabin been replaced?

Thank you in advance for any links and/or photos...

Happy cruising!

Jeff

I am interested as well Jeff to see photos of the Zaandam after drydock.

I read somewhere on this board that the picture of the S suite on HAL's website was not as the suite looked.

I am also interested in where the Neptune lounge is now located, as the Nav. deck layout has not changed yet (again on the HAL website)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Zaandam Jeff and hopefully a happy cruiser will have some pictures to share.

Happy Sailing

CanSail

HAL's website has not been updatated for the Zaandam. They did it pretty quickly for the Maasdam since she was the first to undergo the complete SOE conversion. I really don't understand why deck plans and photos on the HAL site aren't changed. This is their "front door" for their customers and should reflect the latest and greatest.

HAL's website has not been updatated for the Zaandam. They did it pretty quickly for the Maasdam since she was the first to undergo the complete SOE conversion. I really don't understand why deck plans and photos on the HAL site aren't changed. This is their "front door" for their customers and should reflect the latest and greatest.

Jim - it wasn't the Maasdam - it was the Ryndam. Maasdam hasn't undergone her conversion yet. :)

californiacruisefreak - check out HAL's web site and you will find some pictures of the Ryndam's upgrades there. I believe the links are at the bottome of the page. Zaandam will have had the same upgrades.

If by "soft furnishings" you mean mattress and bedding, yes most, if not all the ships now have them and they are wonderful. Had the best night sleep on those comfy Sealy mattresses.

Jim - it wasn't the Maasdam - it was the Ryndam. Maasdam hasn't undergone her conversion yet. :)
Doh! I knew that! I'd just checked the website again and I guess since I saw the Maasdam it was on my mind. Must have been a senior moment!

The menus are the same as the dining room.

I don't think of it as a class system. It is a perk for suite pax, that Hal had for many years. Maybe a year or so ago, they discontinued it, but recently someone did post that the perk was available on a particular ship.

I'm sailing on the Zaandam on 4/1/2005

I hope you are not sailing on the Zaandam on 4/1/2005. I will be on the Zaandam on 3/26/05 and don't return to home port until 4/2/05!

Be sure to wave at us...I'l be the one wearing the hat!:)

Mark

Archived