Back to Back questions

seasooze

We have a b to b booked for November 2011. The first leg is the final part of a grand voyage – we embark in Sydney, Australia. We sail across the Pacific, via Honolulu to LA where the Grand Voyage ends and we are booked on the following Panama Canal cruise ending in Fort Lauderdale. We are Australian. My questions are:

1. Where will we have to go through customs to “enter” USA?

2. Maybe more than once?

3. The ship is Amsterdam –how is the change over handled? Will we have to disembark in LA?

Any knowledge you can share will be greatly appreciated.

Sue

I believe you will have to clear customs both at LA and FLL. We had to when we went from FLL to LA. I also believe you will have to disembark for a short time at LA while the ship is "zeroed down". This might take 1/2 hour or so. Whatever procedures are required will be explained to you in a briefing before reaching LA.

I believe you will have to clear customs both at LA and FLL. We had to when we went from FLL to LA. I also believe you will have to disembark for a short time at LA while the ship is "zeroed down". This might take 1/2 hour or so. Whatever procedures are required will be explained to you in a briefing before reaching LA.
I would add Immigration in Honolulu.

looking at your schedule -- you will go through immigration in honolulu as that port is the first us port after being at a foreign port.

since you are not stopping at any ports after honolulu -- you should not have to go through immigration in la -- now -- if you are going to leave the terminal on your own -- then you may be required to go through immigration and customs

but when you get to ft lauderdale -- yes you will go through both immigration and customs

Archived