Galveston Port closed?

GreenZolie

GreenZoolie and gman0119 you both mentioned working in the diaster recovery field - THANK YOU! I also live in hurricane country but live about 30 miles north of I-10 so it is very seldom that I have to leave my house, even when the hurricane is a Cat-5. But having to live with no electricity, water or sewer for a week or more at a time I have to say we appreciate all of you who come to our aid in times like this. Once again - THANK YOU

You are very welcome. I love my job! My particular job is not as hands-on or as brutal as some, such as gman mentioned, but I still know how devastating disasters can be, even if a person's damages/inconveniences are only minor. Each person's discomfort is is relative to their situation and experience.

So I am anxiously waiting to see what happens with the Ecstasy! I read through the posts and didn't see anyone posting who was still on board. Any movement of the ship this AM?

I feel badly for the current pax on board-I agree with other posters that it is the uncertainty that is so unsettling. I leave with two first time cruisers on Thursday for the Ecstasy and selfishly hope that the weather is better by then. But then again the fun in travel is the mystery of it all.....:D

I am on the Ecstasy...slept VERY well! We boarded a little past midnight, were greeted by smiling faces and complimentary champagne (!)... dining rooms were open with the full dinner menu....we ARE still docked and I haven't heard any announcements, but I haven't left my cabin yet. Will post again when we leave!

Here's the latest from the Carnival website:

CARNIVAL CONQUEST - FOG DELAY

CARNIVAL CONQUEST

2/21/2011 - Weather Update posted 10:00AM (EST)

The port of Galveston has once again reopened and the Carnival Conquest has set sail. Due to the late departure, the Carnival Conquest will revise its itinerary now visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Progresso.

We deeply apologize for this change in plans but know guests will have a fun and memorable vacation aboard the Carnival Conquest.

CARNIVAL ECSTASY - FOG DELAY

CARNIVAL ECSTASY - 2/19/2011 Sailing

2/21/2011 - Weather Update posted 10:00AM (EST).

The port of Galveston has once again reopened. Due to the late departure, the Carnival Ecstasy will have to cancel its call on Progreso and we will now set sail on 3-day Fun Cruise @ Sea.

Guests will be given a letter on board with compensation details or may choose to cancel and receive a full refund. Guest will be allowed to debark between 10AM to 12PM (noon local time) should they decide not to continue with the cruise. The Carnival Ecstasy will set sail at noon (local time).

We deeply apologize for this change in plans but know guests will have a fun and memorable vacation aboard the Carnival Ecstasy.

I am on the Ecstasy...slept VERY well! We boarded a little past midnight, were greeted by smiling faces and complimentary champagne (!)... dining rooms were open with the full dinner menu....we ARE still docked and I haven't heard any announcements, but I haven't left my cabin yet. Will post again when we leave!

Yay! Thanks for letting us know what's going on!

You mean they had the dining room open with full menu at midnight?! That is awesome! Way to go, Carnival!

oh my .... not good ... heres my ?

next weekend we will be leaving on our trip ... if there is fog and we get delayed ... do they pay for the other 60.00 a night hotel room ? were going to be driving down sunday and leaving out on monday ... any input ?

Any additional expenses due to trip interruption will be covered by your travel insurance.

Thanks for the update & Have a great time!!!!

Here's the latest from the Carnival website:

CARNIVAL CONQUEST - FOG DELAY

CARNIVAL CONQUEST

2/21/2011 - Weather Update posted 10:00AM (EST)

The port of Galveston has once again reopened and the Carnival Conquest has set sail. Due to the late departure, the Carnival Conquest will revise its itinerary now visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Progresso.

We deeply apologize for this change in plans but know guests will have a fun and memorable vacation aboard the Carnival Conquest.

CARNIVAL ECSTASY - FOG DELAY

CARNIVAL ECSTASY - 2/19/2011 Sailing

2/21/2011 - Weather Update posted 10:00AM (EST).

The port of Galveston has once again reopened. Due to the late departure, the Carnival Ecstasy will have to cancel its call on Progreso and we will now set sail on 3-day Fun Cruise @ Sea.

Guests will be given a letter on board with compensation details or may choose to cancel and receive a full refund. Guest will be allowed to debark between 10AM to 12PM (noon local time) should they decide not to continue with the cruise. The Carnival Ecstasy will set sail at noon (local time).

We deeply apologize for this change in plans but know guests will have a fun and memorable vacation aboard the Carnival Ecstasy.

Thinking about calling my PVP & seeing what kind of Last Minute Deal I can score. $ 100.00 cruise & I will be there.

Archived