"Best of All" Lunch Buffet

zerooveride

I remember when sailing on the Jewel in October, on the first sea day, that they had a special "Best of All" lunch buffet in Le Bistro. I vaguely remember it being mentioned as a taste of the different speciality restaurants.

Does anyone know exactly what it is?

Is it still being offered on the Jewel?

If you have attended, what items do you remember them serving?

We were on Jewel in Sep 2010 and won lunch for 2 at the Best Of luncheon. It was great. It was both buffet and prepare to order and it was held on the last sea day when we were on board. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will pay for it on our next cruise when it is offered. We leave for the Jade shortly and hope they have either the Best of or Taste of India luncheons available. Sometimes it really is all about the food!

And of course I didn't manage to answer your question! Each specialty restaurant was represented by two or three of their signature dishes. There was sushi (Chin-Chin) and made to order steak (Cagney's), there was lasagna (Mamas) Lots of choices. My advice is to not forget to order off the menu, a;though the buffet portion was good, the made to order was incredible!

Patty

I remember when sailing on the Jewel in October, on the first sea day, that they had a special "Best of All" lunch buffet in Le Bistro. I vaguely remember it being mentioned as a taste of the different speciality restaurants.

On the Jewel a few weeks ago they offered A Taste Of India buffet brunch in Le Bistro one day. Everything we had was delicious. It was offered about half way thru our 10 day cruise.

It was well worth the $15 pp. I only wish they offered it more than once. They had beef curry, chicken tikka, samosas, naan, and a lot of other things including vegetarian dishes. Rice pudding for dessert that was so creamy and delicious. Really, it was all so good.

Just back home from the Jewel - yes, it was offered again early in the week (Sea Day) along with Taste of India, and "Jazz Brunch" on last sea day (yesterday) - all extra charges p/p applied - sequence might be changed depending on particular sailings.

BTW, we had lobster (tail) & grouper on day 2 (first full sea day) when we didn't expected it till later in the cruise (7 nights)

We were on Jewel in Sep 2010 and won lunch for 2 at the Best Of luncheon. It was great. It was both buffet and prepare to order and it was held on the last sea day when we were on board. We thoroughly enjoyed it and will pay for it on our next cruise when it is offered. We leave for the Jade shortly and hope they have either the Best of or Taste of India luncheons available. Sometimes it really is all about the food!

We are also traveling on the Jade in the future, and would you post your experience and let us know if they do offer this on that ship?? Thanks!!

I looked through the dailies I had from my cruise in January and didn't see anything mentioned about a "best of all" brunch. Sorry.

Just read about the Taste of India one that I mentioned previously.

On the 2/12 cruise on the Gem we had the "Best of All" Luncheon on the last sea day in Le Bistro. It wasn't a buffett, but there was a menu with most selections being from Le Bistro. It was one of the best meals of the week. So delicious. I really recommend it.

The verbatium description on our NCL flyers from the Jewel last week -

" 'Best of All' Signature dishes from all Specialty Restaurants, plated and buffet syle, artfully presented to provide with a dining experience that has depth, flavor and excitement. There is no better way to do it but for lunch! "

Le Bistro 11:30am-1:30pm. Cover Charge Applies." Make your reservation ....

Archived