Fakarava and Rangi for non-snorkelers

gailellen12

Hi everyone: I am booked on the Paul Gauguin for Aug 10 - 10 day sailing. I hope to learn to snorkel on this cruise, but will not be proficient by the time we do these two ports of call. What suggestions do you have for other tours offered for these two stops? Thanks Gail :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Ia Orana!

we are also on the same sailing - look forward to Tuamotus, but like you I am wondering what else to do if not snorkelling! Do you know of any way to get to the pink sand beach on Rangiroa?

See you on board! :)

Elizabeth

Hi Gail,

this is Elizabeth, a fellow 8/10 PG passenger. I am travelling with my husband and our 10 year old daughter. Everything I am reading would indicate that the Tuamotus are really meant for divers and strong snorkelers! But one of my husband's dreams is to see the Blue Lagoon. The PG does not appear to offer any excursions there, but I found a company called Oviri Excursions which does. Here's the problem - we dock from 12:15 to 5:30 and the Blue Lagoon excursion is supposed to be a 7 hour excursion. I am emailing a travel agent in Tahiti which seems to act as liaison. I'm wondering if I could get a group of interested people from the PG, if they would make a shorter excursion.

Are you interested? It looks glorious.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

It is roughly a 1.25 hr. trek(2.5 hr RT) across Rangiroa's main lagoon to the Blue Lagoon...Factoring in the transit involved with tendering to the dock/meeting with the guide boat etc. a 5.25 hr window of time might not provide for ample time at the Blue Lagoon...

My wife and I were on a recent sailing and we used Jean-Pierre w/ terevaexcursions@mail.pf for a tour of the Blue Lagoon -- Here's another possible option to look into to find out if he may be able to accommodate a group for a shorter trip to the Blue Lagoon(or Pink Sand beach) for the day that you are in port...

If you are all day in Fakarava they also have a blue lagoon and you could do the tour then. Rangi time of 5 hours is too short for that - you could walk to the Kia Ora beach and enjoy the beach and snorkelling if you wish.

Elizabeth: I look forward to meeting all of you on the ship. I think the Rangi time is too short for the Blue Lagoon - I also think the day in Fakarava will be harder to find things to do. I will be investigating possibilites for there and will let you all know if I come across anything interesting and reasonable. Gail :rolleyes:

Archived