News Flash-Splendor now skipping Maztalan!

gargoyle999

Hrdtail what is it like in tijauana (sp) ? we are sailing splender in august and want to take a day trip down there from san diego. since you live there I wanted your opinion if you would do a day trip or not we are 48 47 daughter 16 thanks:)

Why? Tijuana is really not that interesting. However, when you go south of Tijuana it is really very nice.

Hrdtail what is it like in tijauana (sp) ? we are sailing splender in august and want to take a day trip down there from san diego. since you live there I wanted your opinion if you would do a day trip or not we are 48 47 daughter 16 thanks:)

We don't live in TJ but live 20 min North in San Diego. Sadly, the violence in TJ makes it unsafe to travel. The same issues that are in Mazatlan are also present in TJ. I would not advise driving there (and there are many bulletins issued to travelers these days). I would recommend staying around San Diego and seeing all the sights this side of the border.

FYI rental companies right now are NOT allowing their cars to cross the border due to security, so unless you have your own transportation, you won't be able to take a car there.

Katherine

We don't live in TJ but live 20 min North in San Diego. Sadly, the violence in TJ makes it unsafe to travel. The same issues that are in Mazatlan are also present in TJ. I would not advise driving there (and there are many bulletins issued to travelers these days). I would recommend staying around San Diego and seeing all the sights this side of the border.

FYI rental companies right now are NOT allowing their cars to cross the border due to security, so unless you have your own transportation, you won't be able to take a car there.

Katherine

Agreed, I would stay clear of Tijuana.

Tijuana STAT - 114 executions in 2011 and 27 in March

what other people like to do on Stone Island - a group excursion.

DSC04368.jpg

What we like to do on Stone Island - make new friends.

DSC04383.jpg

Where we like to eat.

DSC04445.jpg

The mountain we wanted to climb in Mazatlan on our upcoming Carnival Spirit cruise - our main goal of this trip was to climb up Goat Mountain. :(

DSC04425.jpg

Gina

what other people like to do on Stone Island - a group excursion.

DSC04368.jpg

What we like to do on Stone Island - make new friends.

DSC04383.jpg

Where we like to eat.

DSC04445.jpg

The mountain we wanted to climb in Mazatlan on our upcoming Carnival Spirit cruise - our main goal of this trip was to climb up Goat Mountain. :(

DSC04425.jpg

Gina

Looks like a great day........

Archived