Timing question for Oasis

Sn1ps

We land in Tampa the morning after our wedding at 9:10am. After getting bags, running home to switch out clothes since we are coming from cold weather, we plan to be on the road by 10:30am. A 4 hour drive only stopping for gas, will put us at port by 2:30pm. I read the sea pass paper and it says if we aren't checked in by 3:30pm we can't board. Is the hour that we are leaving ourselves to park and make our way to check in too close? Should we just plan to fly into FLL to give us more time or will we be fine?

You're cutting it WAAAAAYYY too close. Anything can happen during the 4-hour drive...accidents, traffic, road constructions. Even the slightest delay on the road can prevent you from arriving on time. You're better off flying into FLL. It's only a 10 minute drive and you can take a taxi for $15. Good Luck and Congratulations!!

You're cutting it WAAAAAYYY too close. Anything can happen during the 4-hour drive...accidents, traffic, road constructions. Even the slightest delay on the road can prevent you from arriving on time. You're better off flying into FLL. It's only a 10 minute drive and you can take a taxi for $15. Good Luck and Congratulations!!

Thanks!, I will have to adjust our plans. Just read the paper today and we were thinking we had until 5pm as the ship leaves at that time. Glad I read our papers and have you guys to ask!

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. Definitely rearrange the plans and fly in to FLL. You do need to be on board the ship no later than 3:30pm or they might very well deny you boarding (the cruise line needs to turn the final passenger manifest over to Homeland Security 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure time, so they need everyone on board at least 90 minutes prior to departure time to accomplish this). Way too risky doing what you initially planned. Have a great wedding and honeymoon. :)

I can get us into FLL at 11:40am, so getting luggage and quick cap ride will put us at the port around 12:30pm (with no hiccups with baggage of course), will those 3 hours provide us enough time?

I can get us into FLL at 11:40am... will those 3 hours provide us enough time?

Ugh.... still WAY too close for me. Oh my goodness. But glad you changed your plans once - can you do it again? That's just way to tight. It's only a few minutes by cab to the pier from the airport, but you have to count on landing on time in Fort Lauderdale, right? Any number of things are beyond your control.

I can get us into FLL at 11:40am, so getting luggage and quick cap ride will put us at the port around 12:30pm (with no hiccups with baggage of course), will those 3 hours provide us enough time?

As long as you experience no flight delays, you will have plenty of time. Port Everglades is only minutes from the airport. Boarding usually begins between 11 and 11:30 am so the initial crowd should be onboard by the time you arrive and your room should be ready by 1 pm. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.:)

That is improving your chances of making the flight. If you are flying into Tampa that morning and then flying to FLL, your chances are still not good. The first flight could be delayed.

If you have a non-stop flight from the cold to FLL, you have an hour or two to play with if your flight is delayed.

Good luck.

If she is really past the final payment, I would at least try to see if RCCL would give them a break and let them switch. Unlikely, but it's worth a try. Who knows if she tells a good story, maybe she'll be able to switch and get an upgrade. :) If that fails, she'll need to fly directly from the northern city to FLL. She will need to take the cruise clothes with them to the wedding and maybe have someone ship their cold weather stuff to Tampa.

Archived