Just booked first GS on the VOS - anyone recently back?

With input from this board decided to book our first GS for an upcoming trip to the med for myself, DH and grown daughter. We are in 1574. A few questions: Do the GS on Voyager have flat screens and the new wicker patio furniture yet?

Thanks - can't wait! I'm sure we will enjoy the extra space (and perks) with three adults in the room.

:)

With input from this board decided to book our first GS for an upcoming trip to the med for myself, DH and grown daughter. We are in 1574. A few questions: Do the GS on Voyager have flat screens and the new wicker patio furniture yet?

Thanks - can't wait! I'm sure we will enjoy the extra space (and perks) with three adults in the room.

We were on the VOS last March. At that time no flat screen.

Isreal was our congierge and he was GREAT!

The only problem ......once in a GS....there's no going back.

Recently back from the 1/23 to 1/30 cruise on Voyager. Our GS was 1568 and did have wicker balcony furniture, a table, two chairs, and a lounger. Also a flat screen TV, Bose stereo system, two sinks in the bathroom...ahhh. It was our first GS and maybe our last, but it was amazing!

Recently back from the 1/23 to 1/30 cruise on Voyager. Our GS was 1568 and did have wicker balcony furniture, a table, two chairs, and a lounger. Also a flat screen TV, Bose stereo system, two sinks in the bathroom...ahhh. It was our first GS and maybe our last, but it was amazing!

Thanks for responding - the room sounds great. Does it have a dvd player?

:)

We were on the VOS last March. At that time no flat screen.

The only problem ......once in a GS....there's no going back.

I was in GS on the Voyager in Jan 2011. We did a B2B, in 2 different GS rooms. We had flat screen TV's in both rooms....The first room had a bigger TV, but both were flat screens.

I agree completely with the "not going back" statement. :D

Thanks for responding - the room sounds great. Does it have a dvd player?

Yes, a DVD and a VHS player, and you can get DVD's in the Concierge Lounge at no charge. :)

I'm posting some thumbnail pics you can click on, as I haven't yet had time to put the pics on my Webshots acct. The first one shows the area with TV, DVD, stereo, etc. :D

IMG_0353.jpg.89bd4d46bf9cd48aca6387401097204b.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg.292f0dac76dd07cadfeaa04c0f58fed7.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg.6ffd8a46c89f5fc73d92bd389ac353f9.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg.f8a52901af619281e8de39ad1d8178ec.jpg

You will enjoy the space...and PERKS!

If you like ordering room service and/or drinks, you will love the perks. You will be able to order from a "Suite only" menu with items from the main dining room and a drink sheet and order whatever you want to be delivered to your room. Of course, you pay for the drinks.....but it was pretty cool to have it delivered to your door. :D

In my opinion, 1574 would be in a better location because we stayed in 1548 port side and 1252 starboard side, both forward, which were directly under the solarium. The floor in the solarium is made of tiles and when people moved the chairs to sit in them, we heard a lot of scraping sounds, which was worse on the Starboard side. (The smoking side tables got more use, especially really early and really late.)

You will enjoy the space...and PERKS!

If you like ordering room service and/or drinks, you will love the perks. You will be able to order from a "Suite only" menu with items from the main dining room and a drink sheet and order whatever you want to be delivered to your room. Of course, you pay for the drinks.....but it was pretty cool to have it delivered to your door. :D

In my opinion, 1574 would be in a better location because we stayed in 1548 port side and 1252 starboard side, both forward, which were directly under the solarium. The floor in the solarium is made of tiles and when people moved the chairs to sit in them, we heard a lot of scraping sounds, which was worse on the Starboard side. (The smoking side tables got more use, especially really early and really late.)

We were in 1588 Jan 16, 2011- great location. Not too close to the elevator and not too far. No noise at all from the deck above. The balcony had the wicker furniture - one lounger and a table and 2 chairs. TV was a flatscreen.

You're right - can't go back after all the perks. Already booked the Mariner for Jan 2012 - opposite itinerary from the one we took just did in January.

And a couple more pics:

Editing to note: Ignore pic 2 and 3, they're from the Embassy Suites Phoenix, pre-cruise night, oops!

Thanks so much for the pics. We're booked in a GS on the Voyager for April and I've been unable to find up-to-date pics (i.e. since her return to Galveston this season).

I'd love to see other pics of the rest of the room (bed area) and balcony if you have any. It would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, a DVD and a VHS player, and you can get DVD's in the Concierge Lounge at no charge. :)

I'm posting some thumbnail pics you can click on, as I haven't yet had time to put the pics on my Webshots acct. The first one shows the area with TV, DVD, stereo, etc. :D

Is that a REAL toilet? :D

AH! The GS room, The Med. What more could you ask for. We did VOS Med cruise last June. Amazing is all I can say. We are hooked on the GS. Try a cosmo in the concierge lounge. This is a very port intensive trip. Get ready to walk. I wish we were going back, but we are planning northern Europe 2012. Regards, jdc2204

Thanks so much for the pics. We're booked in a GS on the Voyager for April and I've been unable to find up-to-date pics (i.e. since her return to Galveston this season).

I'd love to see other pics of the rest of the room (bed area) and balcony if you have any. It would be greatly appreciated!

No problem! Somehow we only got one pic of part of the balcony when we were taking a pic of the Roatan port, but it was actually twice the length of a D or E balcony. The table and chairs were outside the door and the lounger was sitting lengthwise outside the window beside the bed.

Is that a REAL toilet? :D

LOL, actually, it was the same as any other. But there was a nice shelf behind it to sit things on, and that's where the POOL TOWELS were left every day. And there were two medicine cabinets, two trash cans, and a large area to sit toiletries on in the tub.

Some other nice perks: The dining room menu was placed in the cabin every day. We tend to be rushing to get to dinner as we make friends in the Concierge Lounge and don't want to leave, so we decided what we wanted for dinner before we left for the lounge. Free suit pressing on the first formal night (we didn't use that, thought the 2nd formal night would've made more sense, though). We met in the Concierge Lounge on the night of our ice show, and the concierge led us as a group to our reserved seats. That was the first time we've ever sat in the lower level for an ice show. Fruit basket in the cabin one day. Dimmer switches in the cabin. And more!

I'm ruined now, but I am resigned to booking balcony cabins and cruising 3-4 times a year rather than a GS and maybe only being able to go once a year. We were lucky...ours was a free upgrade. :D

IMG_0354.jpg.9c5594a3f1431cbf43571e4b14bd4d03.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg.ee73e22c103a2a5ec77442d2974bcb5b.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg.da7fac24903eab0764c609334740fcf0.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg.ed4940a4e4ca7a230132f798c5a91625.jpg

This is great.... thanks everyone.

One comment though.... for some reason the flat screen looked like a small tv and I had envisioned something larger. We just got off the Eclipse and those flat screens are amazing!

I notice it does look small in the pics. I remember thinking it was big when we arrived, though, at least compared to the ones in balcony cabins. It's nothing like the ones in the Owner's Suites, though. They're more like what we're used to at home.

Archived