Midship or Aft balcony room- aft vibration?

chicy724

Hi!

We currently have a standard balcony in the aft on Carnival Triumph, Empress-7412. I called a little while ago to change from 7408 because a room further back was available. We thought for some reason that being further back would provide better views, though I questioned possible vibration from the motor. The rep said we can upgrade to midship for $10 total- she was suggesting due to my question about vibration. We booked the aft because people said it was quieter (less foot traffic). But friends of ours said it may vibrate because of the motor.

The Carnival rep said that the aft vibration affecting you depends how sensitive you are. She said we are on the 7th deck so it shouldn't be bad but depends on your sensitivity.

I am very sensitive to noises and disruptions when sleeping. She suggested a midship room for $10 more which is across from a blank wall (she said it was a storage area across).

We've never been on a cruise or cruise ship before so we have no idea what to expect or how things are. Do you suggest we upgrade to midship across from the blank wall (storage area)?

Hi!

We currently have a standard balcony in the aft on Carnival Triumph, Empress-7412. I called a little while ago to change from 7408 because a room further back was available. We thought for some reason that being further back would provide better views, though I questioned possible vibration from the motor. The rep said we can upgrade to midship for $10 total- she was suggesting due to my question about vibration. We booked the aft because people said it was quieter (less foot traffic). But friends of ours said it may vibrate because of the motor.

The Carnival rep said that the aft vibration affecting you depends how sensitive you are. She said we are on the 7th deck so it shouldn't be bad but depends on your sensitivity.

I am very sensitive to noises and disruptions when sleeping. She suggested a midship room for $10 more which is across from a blank wall (she said it was a storage area across).

We've never been on a cruise or cruise ship before so we have no idea what to expect or how things are. Do you suggest we upgrade to midship across from the blank wall (storage area)?

This will be our 3rd aft ext balcony. I don't want to be anywhere else now. You may have some vibration when the ship docks early in the morning. It has never really bothered us. Actually, the slight vibration/hum of the engines is very relaxing to me. And the halls are much more quiet back there.

This will be our 3rd aft ext balcony. I don't want to be anywhere else now. You may have some vibration when the ship docks early in the morning. It has never really bothered us. Actually, the slight vibration/hum of the engines is very relaxing to me. And the halls are much more quiet back there.

I agree :) Both of our cabins have been aft (one interior and one aft balcony). My husband is a very light sleeper, and the noise never bothered him.

Archived