Star's ports O Call for Mexcio have been altered

DuaneO

I just read that the Star has turned around and headed back to Ensenada to off-load an injured passenger. Looks like that will eliminate one of the intended stops this week, and I would assume Mazatlan will be skipped.

I would assume that the next scheduled port will be bypassed if necessary. Otherwise all the prior arrangments for all ports (dock space, shore excursions) would have to be changed if the ship is behind schedule by a day.

I would assume that the next scheduled port will be bypassed if necessary. Otherwise all the prior arrangments for all ports (dock space, shore excursions) would have to be changed if the ship is behind schedule by a day.

The Star was already rescheduled to spend two days in Cabo, but the post by Mazatlan Frank indicated they had agreed to return to Mazatlan, so the question remains open.

The Star was already rescheduled to spend two days in Cabo, but the post by Mazatlan Frank indicated they had agreed to return to Mazatlan, so the question remains open.

I believe that NCL has been very clear about eliminating Mazatlan as a stop for the remainder of the season. They have sent emails to all customers booked on the remaining cruises to the Mexican Riviera notifying them of the cancelling of the stop in Mazatlan and the change to add a 2nd day in Cabo as the replacement. eDocs have also been changed to show the elimination of Mazatlan and change to Cabo. So I think Mazatlan Frank has faulty information.

I believe that NCL has been very clear about eliminating Mazatlan as a stop for the remainder of the season. They have sent emails to all customers booked on the remaining cruises to the Mexican Riviera notifying them of the cancelling of the stop in Mazatlan and the change to add a 2nd day in Cabo as the replacement. eDocs have also been changed to show the elimination of Mazatlan and change to Cabo. So I think Mazatlan Frank has faulty information.

one correction. They haven't sent emails to ALL customers booked on remaining cruises

one correction. They haven't sent emails to ALL customers booked on remaining cruises

You are correct, as usual, Monte. Not ALL customers on the remaining MR sailings have received emails. I'm on the same sailing as you are, 4/30, and I have received the email. A friend of mine on the same sailing has not received the email. My friend booked through a TA and I booked direct with NCL. I can understand the delay in emails to customers booked through TAs. Not sure what would cause a delay in a direct booking with NCL.

You are correct, as usual, Monte. Not ALL customers on the remaining MR sailings have received emails. I'm on the same sailing as you are, 4/30, and I have received the email. A friend of mine on the same sailing has not received the email. My friend booked through a TA and I booked direct with NCL. I can understand the delay in emails to customers booked through TAs. Not sure what would cause a delay in a direct booking with NCL.

Could be the email went to the TA and they have been slow in forwarding it. Just a thought

(funny though that after then announced the change in itinerary, they emailed me a letter saying it was time for me to book excursions-and Maz was still on that list. That small error didn't bother me - I just thought it interesting)

I'm still looking forward to the cruise-with or without Mazatlan :)

I'm on the April 23rd sailing, and I got the message and the itinerary in my edocs reflects the revised schedule with 2 days in Cabo and 1 day in PV. I believe the itinerary change is probably set in stone. The advisory is also on the main page of the NCL website.

I for one am unhappy with the change. While Cabo is good for a few hours, spending 2 days there is IMHO a waste of valuable port time. We have to tender in twice. At least if we had the whole night there (which we don't) we could have taken a longer excursion. We leave in 2 weeks, so we have no choice but to make due with this change. But, I guess it's better than no port.

;(

AGREED! We leave This Saturday Mar 4, was looking forward to Maz, but hey I will NOT be in work so it is all good for me!. I would have rather hit a different port but ???? A Bad day on a Cruse is Better than a Good day at work!

This message was given to any folks who have an up-comming cruise in Mexcio...

Information for Norwegian Star Guests

Norwegian Star Guests (02/24/11 4:15 PM EST)

The safety and security of our guests and crew is our number one priority. Therefore, the company has been closely monitoring the situation in Mazatlan, Mexico.

Because of recent incidents of violence in Mazatlan, we are canceling all of Norwegian Star’s calls to Mazatlan for the remainder of the season through the April 30, 2011 sailing. Instead, the ship will make two back-to-back calls to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

We thank our guests for their understanding.

###

You know the people I feel the sorryist for are the merchants that depend on tourism to make a living, most of them are good, hard working people that are not suffering from no income or very little. This is truely sad.

Nita

My wife and I were in Mazatlan during rthe above mentioned cruise on 2/22/11. I am not sure of the specifics, but we heard that there was a death in the Golden Zone which reportedly caused a real uproar. This may have been the final straw that caused NCL stop going there.

saw it on the news last night....2 people were shot and killed. and yes, I agree....I do feel for the merchants in Maz.....their lifeline depends on tourists. Lets hope things can get back to normal for next years sailings.

My wife and I were in Mazatlan during rthe above mentioned cruise on 2/22/11. I am not sure of the specifics, but we heard that there was a death in the Golden Zone which reportedly caused a real uproar. This may have been the final straw that caused NCL stop going there.

A couple of guys got shot to death in the parking lot of a hotel in the Gold Zone while some people from the Star were nearby. They got back to the Star and raised a fuss with the Hotel Director, so that is probably what prompted NCL to cancel Mazatlan. The odd thing about it is the guy who was raising the biggest fuss was on a private excursion -- not booked through NCL.

Archived