Valor vs Glory

normalman

The Valor and The Glory both are leaving out of Miami at the same time. The price for the week is the same. The only difference is in the ports. The Valor does Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. The Glory does Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, and Progreso, Yucatan. In other words - Grand Cayman and Isla Roatan versus Costa Maya and Progreso, Yucatan. Plus any differerence in ships - same class.

Any suggestions on which to take? Thanks.

we are going on the Glory in 2 weeks or so .We have been on the Valor I think either 2 or 3 times and its a great ship great service and Grand Cayman is my favorite place to visit

any questions feel free

forgot about Roatan we did the pirates monkeys and birds through Carnival .I think our most favorite excursion ever.My thoughts are the Valor for both itinerary and the ship as well(will let you know how the glory is the end of March)

Take which ever one doesn't do Progresso. Sorry to anyone that likes Progresso, I thought it was a terrible port. Water reminded me of a lake not what I want on a cruise. Also, not many options of excursions. I was there in 2007 so I don't know what the recent excursions are.

I can tell you after talking to a nice family at a restaurant last night they were on the Valor Recently and said it was just OK..the food wasn't great and and the Entertainment was also just ok..Older Crowd they said as well and they would not cruise that ship again...

Comparing Valor and Glory (not itineraries), they're almost identical in layout. Valor just had "captain's suites" added on deck 9. Glory has a hot tub and small pool in the spa (Valor's was removed for an aerobics area). I like Glory's decor better, but we don't book ships based on decor.

I would take the Valor due to the itinerary. My suggestion is for you to review the ports of call and see which excursions in each suite you best. Many people base those decisions on personalities or levels of physical abilities. My husband and I aren't zipline, parachuting types of folks and prefer lazy days at the beach, good food and drink. It would also depend if you are traveling with children or the elderly. Different strokes for different folks. That's the wonder of cruising. Whichever you choose, Enjoy yourself!

Thanks, I need to make a decision soon. Price was exactly the same but now they dropped Glory's some. Maybe due to the itinerary. I'm a little concerned about whether Progresso would be of interest. On the Progresso board. a lot of people like it for being closer "to the real Mexico" but I'm not sure I'm looking for that. Seem to have heard good things about Roatan.

Archived