Is this true or should I talk to someone else???

lucyddr

After reading about everyone's onboard credits for cruise price drops today, I was inspired to check ours. We are sailing on the Victory with a military rate aft wrap and a "resident" rate inside cabin on April 24. Final payment has been made.

I noticed today that the price had dropped $280 on the aft wrap and $100 on the interior cabin. I called Carnival, but was told that no on board credit could be issued because these were not Early Saver rates. I didn't argue with the man, but wondered if this was correct? I'm not unhappy with the cruise price, but certainly wouldn't complain about that size of an onboard credit...

After reading about everyone's onboard credits for cruise price drops today, I was inspired to check ours. We are sailing on the Victory with a military rate aft wrap and a "resident" rate inside cabin on April 24. Final payment has been made.

I noticed today that the price had dropped $280 on the aft wrap and $100 on the interior cabin. I called Carnival, but was told that no on board credit could be issued because these were not Early Saver rates. I didn't argue with the man, but wondered if this was correct? I'm not unhappy with the cruise price, but certainly wouldn't complain about that size of an onboard credit...

Early Savers only get OBC after final payment.

A military rate is a military rate- a resident rate a resident rate. Early saver is its own rate. Sorry- unless you can still switch. It is past final payment date (almost certainly has) so the best you might talk them into is an upgrade. But you have pretty fine cabins so you may just be out of luck. But you have a brilliant cabin so I would let it go.

Thanks everyone! I could upgrade to a suite, but I'd rather have the aft wrap any day! If I had understood the difference, I'd have booked the Early Saver rate at $25 or so dollars more. Oh well, now I'm officially educated!

Again, thanks!

if you are booked in early saver rate and after final payment and then you see another rate that you could qualify for and it is lower then you can apply and get an OBC for the price difference. The only thing that I know of that can't qualify for the rate drop is a gurantee rate.

Thanks everyone! I could upgrade to a suite, but I'd rather have the aft wrap any day! If I had understood the difference, I'd have booked the Early Saver rate at $25 or so dollars more. Oh well, now I'm officially educated!

Again, thanks!

Great attitude! Have a wonderful cruise! :D

Again, thanks!

Wow! No email to John? No, should I fire my PVP? No, my travel agent is a crook? ;)

Great way to look at it. It sure sounds like you have a great location. We booked ES and our rates have only gone up. AND, our category is sold out so there is a good chance we will never see the rate change at all. We liked the location and figured it was worth the shot to book it that way. Enjoy the trip!

That is correct. In order to get OBC after final payment is under the Early Saver program.....

I almost always book ES and I have never received an OBC. I either book when they are at their lowest/best rate or on popular sailings and categories. I may not have OBC, but at least I know I got the best deal possible. I can live with that. :)

Archived