Parade Direction - Freedom

I'm curious which direction the parade moves on Freedom of the Seas, forward to aft, or aft to forward?

For our fall cruise, we've booked a promenade cabin that is very aft and am considering a move to a cabin more toward the middle if the parade moves aft to forward. I chose the very aft cabin because it is one of the few non-connecting promenade cabins.

Silly question, I know. But I'd rather we didn't watch the parade moving away from us. My only defense is that it is our first time on a Royal Caribbean ship :)

The parades move in both directions at once and double back so you always have a file of performers going each way at the same time.

Perfect, that's just the info I was looking for! Most helpful and much appreciated, thank you!

Right before the parade the stage crew appears and lays out a temporary barrier to hold the crowds back.

2793663430096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

This shows how the rope barriers look as the stilt walkers warm up the crowd.

2030434560096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Then the performers come out, a procession in each direction.

2042972520096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2406966510096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2540604310096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

The first four are from the Explorer sailaway, the last from the Explorer finale, Island Frenzy.

Great pics! Wish we were packing now. But in due time :)

The promenade cabin gives us the option of being part of the festivities even during those times we might prefer to watch from a distance. Other times we'll be in the thick of it. Options, it's all about options :)

Thanks again!

Loved your pictures and can't wait to be on Freedom.

We are booked on a promenade on deck 8, middle of the promenade. Is it worth it to watch the parade from our cabin? Or, am I going to miss too much since I am so far up?

You would have much more fun being down on the Promenade, listening to the music etc. Don't stayed cooped up in your cabin -- join the fun!

We will likely do both, as I indicated above. Sometimes I really enjoy just people watching from afar, other times I want to be in the middle of it. Options, I love having options :)

Loved your pictures and can't wait to be on Freedom.

We are booked on a promenade on deck 8, middle of the promenade. Is it worth it to watch the parade from our cabin? Or, am I going to miss too much since I am so far up?

You won't see much but the tops of things from deck 8. Your window is even sloped as you really have to look down at things. Better to go down & watch it with the crowd. Deck 6 however I love watching the parade from. You can feel the energy and see it coming at ya.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived