New York Port, HELP

moonandsun

Cruising on the Glory out of NY in Oct. Can anyone who has gone out of that port offer any suggestions on which airport is best to fly into? We are flying in the day before, so we will be looking for a hotel as well. Please help me! I need to buy airline tickets today or tomorrow. Thanks!!

I've never cruised from New York, but I lived there for years and can say that your best bet would most likely be Newark Liberty. The ship terminal is on the city's far west side, which means that it's closer to NJ than Queens. If you come from Kennedy or LaGuardia you're likely to get stuck in some sort of cross-town traffic, not to mention Queens traffic (ugh). When I was living in Brooklyn, I always chose Newark to fly out of if I had a choice. All of that said, if fares are more than $100 cheaper into JFK or LGA, it might be worth it.

My family and I are going out of NY on the Glory in June and we will be staying in the

TIMES SQUARE - NEW YORK CITY

340 WEST 40TH STREET

NEW YORK CITY, NY 10018

Front Desk: 212-757-9000

It was the least expensive NICE hotel we found that was close to the port.

My Sister and her family are flying in the day before and they are using Jet Blue into JFK, she chose them because of there baggage policy.

any more questions please feel free to ask

Cruising on the Glory out of NY in Oct. Can anyone who has gone out of that port offer any suggestions on which airport is best to fly into? We are flying in the day before, so we will be looking for a hotel as well. Please help me! I need to buy airline tickets today or tomorrow. Thanks!!

It makes no difference...just get the best price and time and airline and route for you...really.

We live north of the city but we love to fly out of Newark because it is cleaner than JFK...but we have been thru all of them and it really doesn't matter.

What I will suggest though is that you do get a private driver to meet you and take you to your hotel.....do not use a yellow cab or a freelance limo driver....have a pre arranged reservation...that you can pay for by credit card.

Convenience is king in this case.

There are many well priced hotels in Manhattan so you should do fine in that manner....also the TKTS booth in Times Square has just about all of the big Broadway show tix available on the day of the show...usually at half off...including Jersey Boys.....so really no need to buy tix in advance or at full price if you are thinking about a play. If you do choose Newark there is no need to inconvenience yourself and stay in Jersey overnight..stay in the city and enjoy the sites....no worries.

My vote is for Newark airport and staying in NYC...but I see that you are coming up from Florida...so JetBlue to JFK is probably going to be your best bet..pricewise and scheduling wise....great airline BTW

I did this cruise last Sept and agree with the post above ... ( It was my 3rd time on the Glory (Eastern, Western, New England didn't plan it for the ship just the ports :) (finally getting on a new ship "Dream" in Nov) I will add that the NY terminal was very organized. Although we didn't stay the night in NY we did plan our return flight around spending the day in Times Square, just a few blocks away.

Jet Blue to JFk offers the most flights from FL. The terminal is brand new and very clean. I would not suggest using a car service for pick up here, it's impossible to locate the car. We always grab a yellow taxi at the taxi stand, it's a flat rate from JFK to Manhattan.

I'm waiting for the window to open to purchase my air to Orlando in October. jet Blue is currently selling seats to Sept 6.

:)

Jet Blue to JFk offers the most flights from FL. The terminal is brand new and very clean. I would not suggest using a car service for pick up here, it's impossible to locate the car. We always grab a yellow taxi at the taxi stand, it's a flat rate from JFK to Manhattan.

I'm waiting for the window to open to purchase my air to Orlando in October. jet Blue is currently selling seats to Sept 6.

we live north of the city so yellow cabs don't work for us that is why I suggest a private driver. However, we have no problem locating them because we speak to them prior to leaving and make sure they have our cell phone...and immediately upon landing I am able to see my texts and the driver has texted me his cell number...I then call him after the luggage has been retrieved and since he has been waiting in the "cell Phone lot" all the time...he just drives up to us at the curb and off we go....of course we tell him what we look like and he already has our name so we know we are meeting the right guy.

We are a family of 6 so anything other than an SUV limo doesn't work anyway for us and a yellow cab is too expensive to take out of the boros...but a yellow cab...as long as the price is fixed and they don't get into a gypsy cab...(I assume that the airport has some way of making sure that the cabs are licensed and not fakes) then a yellow cab makes sense....no issues there. For us with abig family it just makes "cents" to get private drivers

Archived