Marco Pierre White onboard?

Britiscruizin

How can you we find out whether Marco Pierre White will actually be onboard ? We are going on Ventura to the Fjords on 25th June & will be celebrating our anniversary during the 7 day cruise. We don't usually pay for the "special" restaurants as the MRD food on our other cruises has been fantastic. However, it would be really worthwhile paying if the great man himself was actually cooking!!:D

How can you we find out whether Marco Pierre White will actually be onboard ? We are going on Ventura to the Fjords on 25th June & will be celebrating our anniversary during the 7 day cruise. We don't usually pay for the "special" restaurants as the MRD food on our other cruises has been fantastic. However, it would be really worthwhile paying if the great man himself was actually cooking!!:D

The man himself was on board for 3 days on my last cruise. It was actually mentioned in the cruise brochure for our sailing. Lots of us rushed to book the White Room on boarding hoping he would be appearing. He didn't show up in the restaurant when we were there, nor when any other people we spoke to were there. According to the girls in East, he ate in there with some other VIPs. :rolleyes:

We didn't see him around other than we caught sight of him signing his books. There was always a long line for that. He also did an audience with the CD in the theatre, which was shown a few times on the cabin TV.

The White room was nice, and would be even better if you have a table on the terrace outside. East was better we thought.

I've just looked in the brochure and I can't see any mention of MPW dates.

We booked as soon as we arrived on deck 5, last June, and then saw the poster saying he was on board....we ate in White's the next night, and he was in and out of the kitchen all evening, or joining some crew on the terrace outside. The waiting staff said he'd spent the morning teaching them new dishes.

Jo.

I found it, have copied this from the Portunus magazine

Chefs on board

Our celebrity chefs will be joining us on board in 2011 on the following cruises:

Gary Rhodes will be travelling on Arcadia 6-9 April (J102) and 1-4 August (J106) and will be on board Oriana 17-20 May (X106) and 4-7 September (X115).

Marco Pierre White will be on board Aurora 20-23 June (R107) and on Oceana 1-3 August (E119) and 18-21 November (E130). He will also be travelling on Ventura 25-27 March (N106), 5-8 April (N107) and 12-15 September (N123).

Atul Kochhar will be travelling on Azura 12-15 May (A111), 5-8 July (A115), 18-21 September (A121) and 11-14 November (A125). In 2012, Atul will also be on board Azura 17-20 February (A201).

He's on the Ventura weekender I'm doing in 3 weeks (departing 25 March), I saw it advertised in the Portunus Magazine. We've booked a suite so I'm hoping to find him next door ;)

We're on this weekender too. Can't wait - not long to go now :D

we're on it too, first time we have done a weekender.

First time we've done a weekender too. I am going with a couple of friends (leaving kids at home with hubbie) that haven't cruised before. I have heard mixed things about the weekenders but I really can't wait. It was made all the better last week by a call from the agent to say we'd got a free balcony upgrade :D

Well Done on the upgrade, good to know that these things do happen :)

After all that i've read about the Weekenders I'm going with an open mind, and expecting a new experience.

We are travelling with 2 couples that have only cruised with RCI in the past, and another couple who are cruise virgins. So am sure we will have a good weekend away.

Only 3 weeks to go :)

Love the weekend cruises. Marco Pierre White was on board at the start of our transaltlantic cruise on Ventura last October and it's nice to learn he will be on board again at the end of the month. We tried his restaurant and loved it although he wasn't there. He was very visible though and we met him after his audience with the Cruise Director. He was lovely and extremely patient.

Yes, it's very exciting to think this time in 3 weeks we'll be onboard. I am just hoping that my friends' travel plans (trains and planes) work out ok and we all get there! Do the clocks go forward that weekend? If so, I am guessing it will feel even earlier when they kick us off early on Sunday :(

Hopefully, this time in 3 weeks, i'll be sipping a Pimms having managed to book The White Room for dinner later that evening.

Its good to hear nice reports about MPW, I enjoy his TV programmes and the air he projects, with no need of swearing :rolleyes:.

Goodness thats dedication to cruising if it involves planes and trains, for a 2 nighter. I hope your friends travel plans go well. We are only and hour and a half away so hopefully a straight forward run for us.

Yes the clocks go forward :eek: so I guess I may miss breakfast before disembarkation.

I don't suppose he will have time to give an 'audience' on the weekend cruise but I assume he is on board for a reason and I am sure we will see him around.

I had forgotten about the clocks going forward.

Hopefully, this time in 3 weeks, i'll be sipping a Pimms having managed to book The White Room for dinner later that evening.

Its good to hear nice reports about MPW, I enjoy his TV programmes and the air he projects, with no need of swearing :rolleyes:.

Goodness thats dedication to cruising if it involves planes and trains, for a 2 nighter. I hope your friends travel plans go well. We are only and hour and a half away so hopefully a straight forward run for us.

Yes the clocks go forward :eek: so I guess I may miss breakfast before disembarkation.

One is coming down from Aberdeen the night before and staying with me (so fingers crossed there is no snow up there) and the other is coming down from Harrogate and I have to collect her on the way down. I am only in Hertfordshire so not too far to travel and it will certainly be quicker than usual with no kids in the back moaning that they need to stop for food/drink/toilet and that they are bored!

I am officially very very excited about this trip now. We booked it last May so it has been a long time in coming.

I take it even on the weekenders they want us out the cabins by 8ish :(

I don't suppose he will have time to give an 'audience' on the weekend cruise but I assume he is on board for a reason and I am sure we will see him around.

I had forgotten about the clocks going forward.

Maybe heis on to do staff training for White Room staff. We were on Ventura last year on the first long cruise after they returned from the Caribbean. The manager in Ramblas was saying that there was a big change of staff on arrival back in Southampton as people finished their contracts and new staff came on board. I suspect our 2 nighter is a bit of practice run for new crew.

:( I had forgotten about the clocks too! Guess that means we'll have a whole hour less on board :eek: I'm hoping this time in 3 weeks I'll be enjoying our first evening meal on board with a few cocktails already under my belt! This will be my 3rd weekender, although my first on Ventura, they are great fun, very tiring, but a fab way to have a look at the ship without committing to a full cruise.

Hi. Just found the link to this thread. DH and I booked this cruise last night. Never been with P&O before. Took the free dining option, but will the other restaurants be open and can we book them in advance?

Archived