Marco Pierre White onboard?

Britiscruizin

We've done a few of the weekenders but not on Ventura. I would imagine they will be open for booking once you board but I would expect demand to be high as we are only on for 2 nights. Marco's restaurant is definitely worth the effort if you can get a table.

You should have a boarding time on your e-ticket but I don't think they stick too strictly to it. There will be a queue but it moves pretty quickly. Enjoy.

We are cruise addicts too and this is our first of 4 this year ............. so far.

We are cruise addicts too and this is our first of 4 this year ............. so far.

First of 4? :eek:

Land holidays just don't seem as special after cruising do they? There's always something missing. :(

We were on the Transatlantic you were on in October. I did NOT want to get off that ship.

First of 4? :eek:

Land holidays just don't seem as special after cruising do they? There's always something missing. :(

We were on the Transatlantic you were on in October. I did NOT want to get off that ship.

4....I am not going to admit how many I have booked this year :o (although 2 are weekend ones). Next year is definitely a one cruise only year though. You're right land based holidays don't seem the same anymore and they don't offer such great children's facilties!

*Note to self - remember to ask cclarke next year how many cruises they have booked in 2012* :D

It will have to be one or hubbie will kill me. He loves cruising but we really need to save and spend some money on the house next year. I need to stop subscribing to different agents' emails as too many tempting offers keep popping into the mail box. We are tied to school holidays now so we are a bit more restricted and prices are much higher :( Just been looking at the 2012 cruise list, but as we can't got at Easter and we have plans for a landbased holiday in the summer it is looking like the Fjords at half term, or maybe the one week Christmas cruise on Oceana depending on prices.

To be fair 3 of the 4 are weekenders but the fourth will be extra special as we are getting married in Venice.

The transatlantic was fantastic and I was so tempted by the special deals to stay on board but had no holidays left. I will definitely be doing them again.

To be fair 3 of the 4 are weekenders but the fourth will be extra special as we are getting married in Venice.

The transatlantic was fantastic and I was so tempted by the special deals to stay on board but had no holidays left. I will definitely be doing them again.

Congratulations - what a fantastic place to get married. Is the wedding onboard or in Venice itself? I am taking the kids on a Costa cruise from Venice at October half term with my mum as she had always wanted to go.

Ty, we get married at the town hall in Venice and then we are going on a 7 night cruise with MSC.

Have you been with MSC before? I am tempted by them because of the free kids places (like Costa). Hubbie doesn't think he will be that keen on MSC/Costa, hence I am going with my mum. Both MSC/Costa do look like good value though.

Yes we cruised with MSC on Lyrica three or four years ago as part of the infamous Daily Express 'A cruise for £10 for every reader' promotion. We had a fantastic time, it's less formal than P&O or Princess but tremendous value, the deal we have in October is incredible.

Yes we cruised with MSC on Lyrica three or four years ago as part of the infamous Daily Express 'A cruise for £10 for every reader' promotion. We had a fantastic time, it's less formal than P&O or Princess but tremendous value, the deal we have in October is incredible.

I did see some brilliant MSC deals for October (with the free flight/upgrade promotion) but they weren't very cheap for the half term week. They do seem good value though, and I am guessing fairly family-friendly. Sounds like really good wedding/honeymoon plan :)

• 2 weeks later...
Got the cruise confirmationbooklet. It says we disembark between 9 and 11am, but we have never got to stay onboard a ship that late before. Not sure what time to book a taxi for:confused:

I am not sure if it is the same on the weekenders, but basically if you aren't happy with your allocated time to disembark you can change it at the reception desk. We always like to be off early as you are asked to leave cabins by about 8.30am anyway. I would imagine there are lots of cabs at Soton anyway so you may not need to pre-book, or if you have a number I am sure you can ring on the day, half an hour or so before you get off.

Just think this time next week we'll be on Ventura:D

I would imagine there are lots of cabs at Soton anyway so you may not need to pre-book, or if you have a number I am sure you can ring on the day, half an hour or so before you get off.

Where is Soton? Can we walk there? We were told on previous visits that the only way to get a cab in Southampton is to call, otherwise they won't pick you up. We really want to leave the ship as late as possible as our flight home isn't till 3pm. Maybe we could hide in a lifeboat:p

Where is Soton? Can we walk there? We were told on previous visits that the only way to get a cab in Southampton is to call, otherwise they won't pick you up. We really want to leave the ship as late as possible as our flight home isn't till 3pm. Maybe we could hide in a lifeboat:p

sorry by Soton I mean Southampton. Why don't you book a cab for 11am ish then as you should be off by then?

Have you been with MSC before? I am tempted by them because of the free kids places (like Costa). Hubbie doesn't think he will be that keen on MSC/Costa, hence I am going with my mum. Both MSC/Costa do look like good value though.

Can't speak for MSC but have experienced Costa. If you have cruised before with the likes of RCI, Princess P & O etc then you may find Costa a bit of a culture shock, we certainly did.

We did the Classica last november just after the crash.The staff were very unhappy, they had not been paid for the week whilst the ship was being repaired, the service was distinterested, the food poor, the entertainment childish and the ship looked like an old car ferry in fact the only good thing was the Dunkirk spirit of the, minority, british passengers .

I agree Costa does look good value but in my humble opinion you get what you pay for.

Hi. I am taking my son, Nik, on this cruise, which will be his first (even though he is in his thirties. Usually I cruise with my hubby, but this one is to give Nik the opportunity to see whether it is his thing, and to see how it all works with his wheelchair. If he likes it, he may well join us for another cruise.

It is great for me because 3 weeks after we get back, my hubby and I will be on the Balmoral on our way to Casablanca (Gadaffi allowing). Thanks for all the info about Marco Pierre, it is really helpful. Have a great weekend.

Why don't you book a cab for 11am ish then as you should be off by then?

Are you absolutely sure we won't be kicked off before then??? That time would be great for us as I don't want to be hanging round the airport too long! I take it they will be boarding passengers for another cruise that day?

Archived