Transportation from Airport to Pan Am Pier

LUFA101

Besides taxi service has anyone used a shuttle service for transportation from the San Juan Airport to the Pan Am Piers?

There are four of us in our group and we would prefer to travel together in one larger vehicle, like a van, instead of taking two taxis.

If you have used a shuttle service, who have you used and what was your experience...service and pricing?

Thank you!

How long is the ride?
Marcia,

Both cruise terminals are relatively close in San Juan. From the Airport, it shouldn't take any more than 15-20 mins to get to the Pan Am Pier. It took about 10-15 mins to get to the Caribe Hilton last May and from there, 5-10 mins to get to where the Golden docks. A direct drive should take less.

Another CC Poster (Amapola) lives in San Juan and will be on the Golden a week after us. She mentioned she'd be driving by on Sundays to check out the Golden and how long the embarkation lines are in the morning. If she sees this post, maybe she can let us know best.

Amapola: If you see this, I now know where you got your screen name from. When I was checking out where our hotel was going to be, a street name jumped out at me. It was Amapola :cool:.

~Paul :D

Thanks, Paul.

Should have just asked you...you have all the answers.

Our cruising partner's plane doesn't arrive until 4:45, was trying to figure reasonable time for our first night's dinner.

Our cruising partner's plane doesn't arrive until 4:45, was trying to figure reasonable time for our first night's dinner.
I knew it was for your cruise-mates that you asked the question. As for dinner time, was just talking about this with Wende last night. From what I've read, there appears to be a mad rush to the dining rooms following muster drill (which starts at 8pm). Am thinking of hitting Bernini or Donatello around 7 - giving us ~2 hours for our CC get-together at the Tradewinds. I wonder what will be on the menu that 1st night. I'm hungry already :)!

~Paul

Another CC Poster (Amapola) lives in San Juan and will be on the Golden a week after us. She mentioned she'd be driving by on Sundays to check out the Golden and how long the embarkation lines are in the morning. If she sees this post, maybe she can let us know best.

Amapola: If you see this, I now know where you got your screen name from. When I was checking out where our hotel was going to be, a street name jumped out at me. It was Amapola :cool:.

Let me try again... I've been driving by the entrance to the port around 11ish on Sundays and there's no line of taxis going in. I haven't been able to drive to the dock area itself because I've been in a hurry the past couple of Sundays, but it really doesn't look bad.

And as to my screen name, amapola = hibiscus, my favorite flower :)

And as to my screen name, amapola = hibiscus, my favorite flower :)
Hmm.. didn't know that. Interesting the things you learn on a cruise board :cool:. And I had planned stopping at every house on Amapola Street Saturday night to see if a CC member lived there ;).

~Paul

Thanks gtaylor,

When I heard that taxis are the best mode from the airport, I usually think of the yellow cabs. Glad to hear that minivans can handle the larger parties. Any idea how much the ride will cost???

In the 'tourist areas' taxi fares are regulated by zone. The recent fare for two, airport to pier, is $16 (plus tip). I don't know how they charge for additional people in the same taxi.

There is a small charge for luggage, like $1 each after the first bag per person, but as I said, it's regulated.

Archived