Live aboard Caribbean Princess and your new CD is .....

clandt

not Graham :) It is James (Jamie) Lay. So far the trip has been wonderful. Perfect blue sky for sail away from Fort Lauderdale!! We gave our stewerd a 20 dollar bill asked for robes, egg crate, wine opener, fruit and extra pillows and ALL were in our room after lunch!!!

Great weather starting at noon today after a cloudy morning and the seas seem calm!!!

Questions? More later!

Christy

Forgot to mention met the cruise critics crew at sail away and had a great turn out!!! Lots of great people on this ship (not just cruise critic folks). Less kids then we thought but a few more college age spring breakers!!!

Christy

Christy

Could you please do me a favor? My mother and her mother are sailing on the Caribbean princess with you. Could you please drop a note off in their cabin saying "I hope you are having a great time! Everything is fine here...call me when you get to St Thomas Love Trevor" If you would rather not I understand completely. Just thought it would be fun...plus I would like to talk to her when she gets to St Thomas come Tuesday. If you can do this ... great...if not... that’s fine too. Have a great cruise and I hope the sun stays shinning and the seas stay calm!!

Oh She is on the Aloha deck A753 Owners suite Janet F. and Doris G.

Trevor no problem on dropping a note to your mom -- she is actually just 5 doors down from us :) Sorry I just logged on -- but will do it tonight.

Movies are Shall We Dance and Wimbleton

Today another perfect day and to top it off we saw a school of dolphins jumping this morning and a whale right next to the ship this afternoon!!!

Oh and the embarktion went fast -- but I think they try not to let anyone board until noon on the dot!!!

Christy

Hello clandt,

So glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise on the Caribbean Princess. DW & I sailed her last May. We are returning to her in about 2 months. Can you tell me if Captain Romano is at the helm and will he be on board through May?

Many Thanks.

Can you check for me the details on using laptops....I don't believe they work in the cabins, but do they have Wi-Fi? where are the "hot spots"? if you are a Platinum member, can you use your laptop for free? Thanks for checking on that, and enjoy your cruise

The captain is on through the Thanksgiving cruise! yea!!!

MUTS last week- had Greese, Nemo, ET Harry Potter- during the day,

at night- Wimbelton sp. and Jennifer Lopez movie with Richard Gere- Dance movie

They had a couple of first run shows on the tv at 10:30 each night such as Ray.

The chair hoggers were out, but people are taking over the saved seats now. If they aren't there in 15 minutes- they lose there seats. That is what we heard at dinner. We never had a problem with our seats. I would sometimes pull up a chair to watch the MUTS during the day.

Jan

Jan

Hi Christy, We will be on Caribbean Princess this Sat. I bet it was wonderful seeing dolphins and an whale. Was this on your second morning out (Mon.)?

Appox. what time of morning was it and was it port or starboard? I was thinking there might be a chance to see them next week in the same area. Hope you continue to have a wonderful trip.

Thanks, Paula B

Hi Christy.....We're on next week so please take good care of the ship. If you get a chance, what movies are playing on MUTS?

Have a great week!

Are you sailing on 3/12? If so, come post on our roll call thread. There are a bunch of us there!

Hey Christy - It looks like you didn't leave St. Thomas until late tonight. Just checked the webcam and it shows that CB is alongside St. Thomas and it is 10pm EST. Is it just a malfunction with the webcam or is something wrong?

thanks - Kim

Hi

We've been with Capt. Romano twice and I really like him. I had my picture taken with him when we were on the Grand Princess. We may see him in October if we still cruise during the week of Oct. 8.The first installment has been paid.

Last September we had James Lay during the week of Sept.18-27-Hurricane Jeanne week. He was OK-everything was "Fantastic"-his favorite word. Many were disappointed not to have Graham Seymour AND Capt.Romano who had a substitute in for him that week.

I hear that Shall We Dance is a really "neat" movie!! (Richard Gere,J-Lo). Finding Nemo was on during our week.Also on were ET, Jurassic Park, Ocean's 11,Shrek 2 AND Monday Night Football!! There was also a Tina Turner and Tom Jones concert

Have a wonderful cruise this week. We were in B-408. I've been posting with the 3/12 Roll Call, as one of the cruisers next week will also be in B-408-a nice little inside cabin. He'd inquired about something way back last fall and I found out he would be in OUR cabin!! Bye for now.Smooth sailing! Lynne

answers

Dolphins and whales were both seen on port side -- dolphins at 10am and whale (only one) at about 1pm the captain announced the whale -- he was close over the loud speaker.

Yes Romero is back on board and we hope that means he will stop at Princess Cays!!!

Atrium is the only place for wi-fi and EVERYONE pays!!!!

Things have been great -- good weather and we have left ports on time -- the camera must of been stuck yesterday!!!

Christy

:o

I hate to ask you to check on something during your vacation but if you are in the "Internet Room" - What's the deal on using the computers?

What's the price set up and I've heard that using AOL is difficult - messages can be sent but not received and read. I would like to know this information before boarding the "Caribbean Princess."

Thanks for considering my request.

Judson Patten

PATJUD@AOL.COM

We were on the CP week of 2/26 and We were watching for whales as they are now down off the Dominican Republic with their young. This is time of year when they migrate south from the northeast cold waters. We were told the Dom. Rep. has these waters protected for these Sea Animals. Saw only a few flying fish off the rail on Promenade Deck one morning. Happy you all got to see the "Whale". It must of been exciting for you. We also had Captain Romano. Excellent Captain! Ike

Archived