Category 11 Aft stateroom on Legend - question

Stevie17

Cabin # 5266 is available on an upcoming cruise. I read on another post that this particular aft cabin is the "least desirable" of the aft category 11's on the Legend. I'm brand new to Carnival...can anyone provide me with some insight on why this cabin would be less desirable than others?

It's possible they were referring to the cat. 11 cabins that are right next to the corner ones with the wrap around balcony. These are probably the least desireable of all the cat. 11's. We had 6258 on the Pride. We were happy because it was a free upgrade but those cabins have the smallest balconies of all the cat. 11's. They aren't even extended like the ones midship. Cabins are the same as the midship ones.

I think it's because of the room size. The balcony is just as big, but the room is just one big room, as opposed to be "quartered" on decks 4, 6, 7, and 8 (although, I'm still not too sure about deck 6).

Cabin 5266 is a cat 11 with a wraparound balcony on the upper deck.. WE just cruised the Legend and had cabin 4228 which is right below that cabin... IT was the best Cabin we have had to date.. I think the only difference between your cabin and the one we had is the over hand is a little smaller then ours was.. That's because as you get higher up the decks curve in and the overhang gets smaller...But the balcony is great.. We easily put 15 - 20 people on it with no problem, and the cabin itself is large with 3 rooms... you'll enjoy it...

However, Peter could be right and it is just one large room.. You might want to check with Carnival

Heidi, I see you are still hanging around the boards.... How has your winter been?

we had cabin 4228 on the legend in '02...

we originally had 5266 booked then changed because so many people had negative things to say about this cat 11....size wise...

it has a wrap balcony like the others, but the cabin is smaller -look at the diagrams on the deck plans--it is smaller than the other aft cabins...i think the higher decks have a more larger cabin if i remember correctly...however, our 4th floor cabin was nicely sized ...

i do think the balcony size is the same though, so i guess it's personal preference-if you want an aft and don't care about the cabin being smaller than other cat 11's, then book it....

the higher deck you book the less of an overhang you will have on the balcony...

the 4th deck -which we had- had a completely covered balcony overhang...

happy cruising!!

Marsha

Hi Pat - Winter's Ok. Just waiting for it to warm up.Yesterday was nice. I'll bet you're counting the days till you move to Florida. We're almost ready to book a cruise for spring break next year. That's why I'm back on the boards fairly regular now. We're just waiting to see if Eric's track coaches will be having practice over spring break and to see how strict they are about attending. If they don't make practice mandatory, then I think it will be safe to book for next year. I think we're going to book the Miracle for the western intinerary.

Heidi

the days are counting down... the house goes up next month and when it sells... were gone...:eek:

when ya wanta say Hi look for me on the "roll call boards" under "Legend 1/6/2005

that's the one I just took and we are still yakin over there

Archived