Cabin 1231, 1243 or 1075 on Solstice ??

grayjay

Sorry to be a bother - I've already posted this in "Cabin Selection tips", but I haven't got an answer yet. I think this general board is more in use, so I'm going to try again, as I can't await to make a firm booking instead of just a courtesy hold.

Help - I simply can't decide which of these cabins,all of which are still available at the moment, is the one I should snap up. I already know that they are usually coveted because of the bigger balconies, but are there any other differences?

Noise, for example, is an issue for us, as is the view. Which of these cabins has the best view all around? 1231, for example seems to be a bit more angled towards the main body of the ship if you compare it to 1243 or 1245. On the Solstice deck plans these two cabins seem to be more to the straight area of the hump.

So can somebody help to decide or aren't there any real differences? Should I get out the dice??

Thanks for your answer. I already looked up the sticky on the Solstice cabins which has helped but I'm still undecided...:confused:

Sorry to be a bother - I've already posted this in "Cabin Selection tips", but I haven't got an answer yet. I think this general board is more in use, so I'm going to try again, as I can't await to make a firm booking instead of just a courtesy hold.

Help - I simply can't decide which of these cabins,all of which are still available at the moment, is the one I should snap up. I already know that they are usually coveted because of the bigger balconies, but are there any other differences?

Noise, for example, is an issue for us, as is the view. Which of these cabins has the best view all around? 1231, for example seems to be a bit more angled towards the main body of the ship if you compare it to 1243 or 1245. On the Solstice deck plans these two cabins seem to be more to the straight area of the hump.

So can somebody help to decide or aren't there any real differences? Should I get out the dice??

Thanks for your answer. I already looked up the sticky on the Solstice cabins which has helped but I'm still undecided...:confused:

Both 1231 and 1243 have the largest balcony. It all depends upon whether you want to see up forward (1231) or back aft (1243). We were in 1247, and it was a great location on the ship. If it were me, I would go for 1243. It's got the bed by the bath. If you prefer the other configuration, 1231 has the bed by the balcony. I prefer the former. I don't think noise will be a problem in either stateroom.

We were in #1075 on the Equinox in Feb/11. It has same size balcony as 1243 and 1231. While we loved the cabin, balcony and location, you should know that there is a crew cupboard outside this cabin. The noises from it in the early AM woke me up around 6 AM until I found some earplugs. I had never seen any information here on CC about this so it caught me completely off-guard. It would not keep me from booking this cabin in future but I would come prepared next time. I also looked at the hallway up by cabin #1243 and it appears to have a similar cupboard in front it. Perhaps someone who knows for sure can speak to that.

Thank you both for your help. I'm still not sure whether we'll like the view to the bow or to the aft more, so I came up with the best idea of all:

I will book cabin 1231 and try out the view to the bow and the bed near the verandah and leave the other cabins for another cruise I simply must plan then for 2012.... It can't be helped! :D

Archived