Grand Turk Nathans Golf Carts

swimgirl1

Thanks pmoniz-:) This will be my second time to Grand Turk and regardless of what we do we probably wont spend much time at Margaritaville. Last year we took a cab to the Bohio Dive Resort,saw a bit of the island, and took an excursion to Gibbs Cay. My girls and I are well traveled (land trips to Honduras, Panama, Mexico, Senegal, etc.) so we're covered on seeing other ways of living.

But I do like the idea of giving back to local businesses....if anything maybe we will just hit Jacks for the day and get massages at Spa Anani.

We were there last April and rented a golf cart from Nathan.

We went to the lighthouse, drove around and found a beach with alot of dead conch shells (we brought a couple home) Govenors Beach (snorkling)and Jack's shack, we also found a hotel that was destoryed by the hurricane. We had a lot of fun watching the roaming horses, cows, donkeys, etc. It was something that we can not do everyday at home. I probably would not rent one again only because we have seen the island already. But we had a blast :D

Hi,

Nathan also rents scooters (cheaper than the carts) for those who don't want to spend on a cart or only have 2 people in their party. Just got off the Fantasy and we rented 4 scooters and 3 golf carts from Nathan. The map they give is ok you can always ask the locals (as we did couple of times) and they will point you in the right direction.

I don't know if I would do it again... as the kids in our party got boared of the stopping and going and being able to stay at one beach long enough. Some of the adults came back to Governer's beach with the kids and the rest went on sightseeing.

Nish

Jimmy Geegitz - a few years ago we rented the golf carts as well and found a little hole in the wall to stop at for a beer and some food - it was called the Regal Beagle - I believe. I'm going to look back at my pictures to make sure!

• 1 month later...

We are going to be there next week. We paid $85 for the day. I also have heard that you have to fill the tank back up w/ gas or can leave $10...

We thought it would be just a credit card number we gave him and we would pay cash when we were finished. Nope... he charged our card ahead of time, so be prepared.

• 2 weeks later...
....we did not have a pleasant experience with the golf carts - miscommunication and a hurricane that changed our itinerary...we were out $80 for a cart we did not use!!!

Did you contact Nathan? I'm sure he knows your ship didn't arrive and he should have a refund policy.

FWIW, if you rent a golf cart from Nathan's they will give you a map.

Also, be advised you have to walk out of the gates to the cruise center to get your golf cart. It is NOT a far walk--but just so you know. We didn't know how to find it and Barry went looking for it. They won't let them in the cruise center gates. When we dropped off the golf cart, we walked back in on our own. (Different from Roatan, let's say...)

....we did not have a pleasant experience with the golf carts - miscommunication and a hurricane that changed our itinerary...we were out $80 for a cart we did not use!!!

Yes, he has a refund polity. This is my first post...I wanted to post to give credit to Nathan for being an honest business man.

I too was on the cruise that experienced an itinerary change due to Irene. I rented 4 golf carts from Nathan months before. I contacted him via email after the cruise to ask when I might expect my refund. He responded that it may take a bit but he would refund all charges to my credit card. I recieved my refund in mid-September, a couple of week after we returned.

Carnival refunded charges for 1 day since we did not leave until Moday due to the hurricane and I recieve both refunds at about the same time. Nathan is a small business so if he can refund at the same pace as Carnival, then I think he provided good customer service.

I would not hesitate to rent from him if given the opportunity to visit Grand Turk in the future. When you do get your refund, I hope you come back here to post so that Nathan can keep his good reputation.

FWIW, if you rent a golf cart from Nathan's they will give you a map.

Also, be advised you have to walk out of the gates to the cruise center to get your golf cart. It is NOT a far walk--but just so you know. We didn't know how to find it and Barry went looking for it. They won't let them in the cruise center gates. When we dropped off the golf cart, we walked back in on our own. (Different from Roatan, let's say...)

Yes, Nathan does give you a map but it is not a very good one:(

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using Google Maps or another Nav app on either iPhone or Android Phone? Wonder if this would work??

I just punched in Grand Turk in Google Maps on my Droid here at home and it seems to have a pretty detailed image of the island.... I would think the GPS would work there....

Edited by WVBill

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a website for Nathan or is it just his email? Also what is the likely hood of just walking off the ship and renting a golf cart on the spot without a reservation, would they be available?

Check this site to see how many ships will be in port that day. http://cruisett.com/ports.php The more ships there are, the lower your chances are of getting one without a reservation.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for all the reviews in this thread. I think renting a golf cart or jeep would be a great option for my husband and I. I will have to email Nathan as we get closer to our cruise date.

You might want to do a quick search on http://cruisett.com/ports.php to see how many ships will be in port that day. :) At least you'll know how much competition there will be.

Thanks for all the reviews in this thread. I think renting a golf cart or jeep would be a great option for my husband and I. I will have to email Nathan as we get closer to our cruise date.

I just emailed them for our cruise in March and this was his response:

yes you can reserved a golf cart or a jeeps they all are the same price $80 each seats 4 or a scooters for $50 seats 2 ,to reserved any of these rentals you will have to email me or call me at 6492314856 with your credit card no. so that your rental can be reserved for you

Nathan

Thought I would pass it along. Happy SAiling!!

I just emailed them for our cruise in March and this was his response:

yes you can reserved a golf cart or a jeeps they all are the same price $80 each seats 4 or a scooters for $50 seats 2 ,to reserved any of these rentals you will have to email me or call me at 6492314856 with your credit card no. so that your rental can be reserved for you

Nathan

Thought I would pass it along. Happy SAiling!!

Which date are you sailing? We also have reservations with him. We're sailing on March 11. :)

I didn't make the reservation yet. We travel on March 23rd :)

My husband wasn't thrilled with the idea, but I think he will be happy with it when we get there. I asked him about the scooters, but I think we will do the golf cart.

I tried to print the map noted earlier here, but my printer would not print it and now I am googling for it, but can't find a good one yet. Did you?

I didn't make the reservation yet. We travel on March 23rd :)

My husband wasn't thrilled with the idea, but I think he will be happy with it when we get there. I asked him about the scooters, but I think we will do the golf cart.

I tried to print the map noted earlier here, but my printer would not print it and now I am googling for it, but can't find a good one yet. Did you?

Just the one from this thread. I think he gives you one, but I doubt you could get lost. The problem that I see doing anything else is that we're there for such a short time. I think it will be a fun thing to do too. Different, but fun! You could always stop by Jack's Shack and get him a Mojito to go!:cool: