Chakanaab Park in Cozumel

C-foxatsea

She said the ones that didn't do the swim paid $21 to get in, but they had a coupon so really only paid $19. She also said they have this walkway not to far from the swim where you can see them during the activity. I'm not sure what the $12.50 is for. I certainly wouldn't want to pay that to stand there to watch when for $19 I can use the facilities as well. The do sell a CD as far as I understand as well. Try calling them or doing an online chat with them. She said they were very helpful! Good Luck!

A friend of mine just got back.

She just called them directly, they asked, she said Carnival and they said ok but didn't change the price. Have you tried?

So your friend booked directly thru Chankanaab and they did take her reservation for the dolphin swim even though she said she was with Carnival? Was this before January or after January? Seems this all changed January this year.

The swim is only part of your day... and there is some beautiful snorkeling to enjoy as well!!

The sea lion show was in spanish, and those near Seaworld or having been many times will be sorely disappointed by comparison to Clyde and Seamour!

Mom and I were there on 3/5... here's a few pics:

http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o432/Fourbirds4me/Mom%20and%20Me%20Cruise%20to%20Coz/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ24

Taxi fare was $10 for two of us plus tip. Absolutely NO problem going to and from the cruise terminal,taxi was readily available!

• 1 month later...

The park was beautiful. There is a pool with a swim up bar and you can walk the beach and there is a couple eating areas as well.

You guys will have an awesome time

Gobucks, we must be neighbors! Westland grad here, I believe thats in your neighborhood!

I am a Columbus transplant I moved to the area about 12 years ago. I am actually in 43026 now but still close. Small world a lot of Buckeyes on here!!

HI NEIGHBORS! I'm from Columbus too. My son goes to Westland, but we recently moved out to Grove City in the Central Crossing area but he still attends Westland. It's a small world! :D

I was just trying to do some research on Chankanaab and I believe we are definitely going to go here. We have a 3 1/2 year old that will be coming with us this time and we are hoping that this is something she will enjoy as well (the dolphin encounter).

Does anyone know what they charge for a 3 year old? I was trying to research online and have found a site saying 3 and under free, another said under 3 free. If they charge for a child, anyone know how much?

Also, are you not allowed to swim in the lagoon?

Are there Iguanas walking around all over the place or do you have to go on the trails on the way to the lagoon? My daughter loves iguanas (she has little rubber ones but has never seen the "real" thing hehe).

Is it a long walk to the lagoon from all the other activities? How big is this place?

Also, any prices you can give me on food expenses, snorkel rental and so on would be wonderful. :)

We went last Nov and I booked myself before they changed the rules. I paid $150 for a swim for me and my daughter. They threw in the manatee for free.

As for the 3 1/2 yr old there is a height restriction and my 7 yr old had just made it. I would just do the live chat and talk to them about it as they are not very stricty about the rules. I left my 3 yr old on the ship with hubby.

Walking up and getting in is easier if you go right when the ship docks. Or swim time was at 1pm but we got there early to play at the other stuff at 11am. There were tons of times left to move our swim early. I guess it is just luck of the draw but the blace was not packed.

We loved the pool and the food was actually pretty good and not expencive. The pictures are $$$. I got 1 and a frame and spent $40.

The walk way that you observe from is kinda far from where they swim make sure you ahve a camera with a good zoom. Take water proof camers those were my best pics!

The dolphin encounter is for kids any age. There is no height restriction, you just have to be over 1 years old.

I'm not sure what you mean by walking up and getting right in? To do the dolphin encounter? Or getting in the park?

Did you go on off season? I'll be there in September and hoping that it won't be crowded.

Any ideas on the cost of food and what they had to eat there?

Thanks

I loved Chank. and the iguanas were all around the lagoon. Some of them are huge!:)

I was looking at some of the pictures for Chank and seen some orange iguanas? :confused: I've never seen an orange one. :eek: Do you ever see any of them by the beach area? Aren't there palm trees by the beach as well?

I was wondering if you could tell me how long did it take you to walk from the beach area to the lagoon?

I am a Columbus transplant I moved to the area about 12 years ago. I am actually in 43026 now but still close. Small world a lot of Buckeyes on here!!

Very small world we are 43026 also.

• 1 month later...

Chankannab is a beautiful park. Easy cab ride over and back. The snorkeling is great for fish. They will literally surround you, and very close to where you get in. There isn't alot of good reef, at least from where i saw, but the fish are beautiful. It has a great beach area, and everytime we have been there, it hasn't been too crowded. There is also a botonical garden like area which you can walk and see ruin replicas. We saw many large iguanas walking that, and it was pretty. Bring bug spray if you want to do the walk there, 1 out of the 3 times we were there we dealt with mosquitos, the other 2 times, none at all. It was all included in the general admission price. As for the dophin encounter, the last time we went there, we were offered it at the gate, and didn't ask anything about if we were on a cruise ship. It looked like alot of fun, but didn't do it. We didn't actually have a meal there, so i can't speak for those prices, but just had some chips/salsa and a few drinks, and felt like those prices were comparable to what you would pay at most other places.

Archived