*OFFICIAL* CC Member Cruise Freedom 4/21/12 8 Days of Freedom!

ajhunt2

Are you interested in this group cruise?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this group cruise?

• Yes!!! Sign me up!
    • Yes, but depends on the pricing
    • Maybe

Northeast Ontario ? Where ? That is Wonderful that you are travelling with so much of your Family ! Another set of Sisters !! :) I have been trying to get my Family to cruise with me !! But it just does not seem to work out ?! I am contemplating joining the Alaska cc group that was just started.... depending if they will come ? I want to do Alaska with my Mother, she will LOVE it !

@conradevan Hi to you & Amanda ! What is your real name ?

Sorry just saw your post. My real name is Evan and Amanda (ajhunt2) is my wife and we are from Kentucky.

Glad you had a good time ! I hear Key West is a great Port ! I think we might rent a car & take a drive there before or after this cruise !?

The Dream is the same in that it gets confusing going to the dinning room, you have to go up or down... I always seemed to get caught that way :confused: Maybe it depended on the direction you came from ?! I guess it is because of the LARGE area they needed for the kitchen... they had an escalator in the kitchen LOL

Me & my group (Lynda, Bonnie, Heather & Jennifer) are all booked with Johna.

Lynda

Good morning to everyone on this Hump Day! Halfway through the week already. Sadly i work Sat. but oh well.

Anyone else out there recently booked with us? I hope you decide to come chat with us if you're out there lurking!

I too like the 8 days of freedom. I think I'll send an email to Laura to get it changed!

Good afternoon.

I didn't read all the way through but the ports that are shown on the first post are different then what carnival has posted for this cruise. Just wanted to make sure I am in the right place. Have they changed since the first post was posted:eek:

Good afternoon.

I didn't read all the way through but the ports that are shown on the first post are different then what carnival has posted for this cruise. Just wanted to make sure I am in the right place. Have they changed since the first post was posted:eek:

YES! they changed the week after the group was official. I don't know how to get it changed cause I've emailed Laura a few times. It's changed on the group sailing page now at least, but not here.. Ugh....

But I think farther down it says what they are. Just sucks because it's misleading if anyone comes to the page...

Hey Guys.......I;m thinking of booking this cruise.....but I'm a bit confused by this thread.

Carnival's website shows the ports for this sailing as Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and La Romano.......but you guys are talking about Antiqua and Tortola etc.

whats going on? am I looking at something wrong on CCL site?

Barb

Hey Guys.......I;m thinking of booking this cruise.....but I'm a bit confused by this thread.

Carnival's website shows the ports for this sailing as Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk and La Romano.......but you guys are talking about Antiqua and Tortola etc.

Barb

Antigua and Tortola were part of the original itinerary, but it has since changed to Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk, and D.R. HTH

Barb

Yes. See the post above and below yours. They changed the ports a week after the first post. So it was too late to change it and have requested to get CC to change it with no luck. But the latter ports of GT, Aruba, etc are correct. I hope you decide to give Johna a call and book with us!

BTW...did anyone else notice that aft wrap that opened up for this sailing yesterday? (there were two yesterday morning....now only one left). I am SOOOO tempted.....but just keep telling myself that the extra money I can put on our S&S ahead of time and use it towards all the other fun we are going to have on this cruise!

G'morning All! Hey - did we ever decide on a name for this group/sailing! Someone had suggested "Eight Days of Freedom"...which I kinda liked! :)

That name works for me. I sent an email off to Laura but she's gone to a convention or something, so her auto reply said. So maybe we'll get it changed by the weekend

Good Morning Everyone ! Just wondering how did you see the aft wrap was avaialable ? Is there any easier way the making a "mock" booking on carnival's website ? That is how I look.

My group is paying the deposit & picking a room today. We will not be spending alot of time in the cabin so we are spending our $ elsewhere. On my last cruise I was with my Daughtrer & spent more time in the room therefore i got a Cove (LOVED IT !)

I am killing myself over cabin selection! I was thinking of a Port Hole but they sleep 3 & I dont want to be moved if they need that cabin ? Now I am thinking maybe French doors or just plain interior !? Is it easy to switch rooms later, besided avaialbility of course ? Really we just want to rooms beside each other.

We are just going with an inside. As much as I would Love love love a balcony, there's just so much more I'd rather do with the money.

So that's how I feel. But it just depends on what you want to do. Sounds like you are like us though and really just need somewhere to sleep at night. If that's the case I'd say find what's close together or maybe find some connecting rooms?

I did notice that the cc group page also list Nassau as stop on the way back but Carnival does not.

Odd. LOL. Shouldn't you be working or doing our taxes or something??

Here's what is says according to Carnival.

Saturday, Apr 21 Ft Lauderdale, FL 4:00pm

Sunday, Apr 22 Fun Day at Sea

Monday, Apr 23 Grand Turk 8:00am 3:00pm

Tuesday, Apr 24 La Romana, Dominican Republic 9:00am 5:00pm Wednesday, Apr 25 Curacao 2:00pm 11:00pm

Thursday, Apr 26 Aruba 8:00am 4:00pm

Friday, Apr 27 Fun Day at Sea

Saturday, Apr 28 Fun Day at Sea

Sunday, Apr 29 Ft Lauderdale, FL 8:00am

That is correct Nassau was a stop

NEW PORTS

Day 1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Day 2 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 3 - Grand Turk

Day 4 - La Romana, DR

Day 5 - Curacao

Day 6 - Aruba

Day 7 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 8 - Nassau

Day 9 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

OLD PORTS

Saturday, Apr 21 Ft Lauderdale, FL

Monday, Apr 23 Fun Day at Sea

Tuesday, Apr 24 St. Thomas, USVI 7:00am 6:00pm

Wednesday, Apr 25 Antigua 7:00am 6:00pm

Thursday, Apr 26 Tortola, BVI 7:00am 3:30pm

Saturday, Apr 28 Nassau, the Bahamas

12:00pm 7:00pm

Any idea why it was changed ?! :confused: I like both the old & new so it is okay with me... just wondering ?

We are just going with an inside. As much as I would Love love love a balcony, there's just so much more I'd rather do with the money.

So that's how I feel. But it just depends on what you want to do. Sounds like you are like us though and really just need somewhere to sleep at night. If that's the case I'd say find what's close together or maybe find some connecting rooms?

Yes that is all we need really & just close to each other to make it easier. I sent my cabin request to Johna already. I have never reached her on the phone ! Busy, busy ... Do groups ever get price drops like early saver ?

Lynda

I'm struggling with which cabin I want to be in. I booked us as an inside guarantee.....because honestly...I know I spend alot of time up on deck when in the Caribbean. But it would be nice to have a balcony. Hmmmm.....

I keep telling myself that if I have a really good sales month this month I might just upgrade us. Who knows...

Either way - we're going to have a great time!! :)

Lynda - to answer your questions...no, there is no easy way to see what's available unless you do a mock booking on Carnival's site. I think I must do this atleast once a day to see whats open...LOL

Odd. LOL. Shouldn't you be working or doing our taxes or something??

Here's what is says according to Carnival.

Tuesday, Apr 24 La Romana, Dominican Republic 9:00am 5:00pm Wednesday, Apr 25 Curacao 2:00pm 11:00pm

That is correct Nassau was a stop

NEW PORTS

Day 1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Day 2 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 3 - Grand Turk

Day 4 - La Romana, DR

Day 5 - Curacao

Day 6 - Aruba

Day 7 - Fun Day At Sea

Day 8 - Nassau

Day 9 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Where did you get your ports? I found mine on Carnival and it doesn't list Nassau. LOL

Oh well, at least we will be on a boat somewhere. LOL. so just going to post it REALLY BIG!!! so that we all know where we are going. ha ha ha

Archived