Alcohol onto RCCL...

I'm cruising on RCCL later this week. I would like to bring some drinks on board with me. Have any of you encountered any problems attempting to do this? What is the best way to bring drinks on-board? Can I just carry them on in a backpack or does this get searched? How about bags brought on and checked to the stateroom? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Boy aren't we sarcastic stretch? Listen Panaceator I'm going on Voyager in September and plan to bring a few bottles of wine and maybe a bottle of liquor. There is a place in Bayonne New Jersey called Bayway that sells alcohol super cheap. (for example a bottle of Carlo Rossi (5 liters) is 11.00 in Pennsylvania but at Bayway its 8.00. If you read the boards you can see that everyone does it and RCCL doesn't search your luggage or even really enforce this rule. I plan on spending just as much cash on tropical drinks anyway so I don't see the harm in a few glasses of wine on my balcony. Getting it on the ship is silly if you can get it cheaper somewhere else. Plus the ship might not have the type of wine or liquor you prefer.

Well we always buy onboard but the package store does not open until after sailing and beyond the us limit,which could be after evening meal, so we always pack a small one in the suitcase and then head to the shop when it opens.

They don't ask and you can bring it on..........don't hide it, have it in a carry on if you like. I had 4 bottles of wine, which I thought they'd take and I'd pay the $9 corking fee, but walked right on with them.

The duty free stuff is great, but not all brands and types of alcohol are available, but they are top-shelf and they are cheap.

2 bottles of kettle one, $30

Customs allows one bottle per person, we had 4 per person and didn't pay a dime. I think they need to get you off and out of the port area and don't bat an eye if you have small quanities.

I will suggest, pack a carry on in a carry on, then pack that with clothes. On the way home, you'll have a nice rolling suitcase to carry the duty free bottles, not those boxes which tend to be heavy and hard to carry.

Enjoy

you are helping people break the cruise lines rules. They have these in place for a reason.

But these are RCCL rules and if they don't enforce them then I'm sure they aren't too worried. Especially when people not only spend $3,000 - $5,000 for the cruise itself and hundreds more on booze, gifts , and activities. Making a guest angry over a $20.00 bottle of wine really doesn't seem to important in the scope of things.

On our last cruise, Berringer White Zinfindel was $28/bottle on the ship . My cost at home for same production year --$4.00/bottle. How did my inexpensive wine justify costing so much on a cruise? I did not bring my own wine on board but neither did I pay the ships high price.

Gee this is the last time I post .... I was just giving the person posting an idea of the savings.

Irovnan, please don't let them chase you away. Rudeness is something that happens alot on these boards, but everyone is welcome to partipate and many others (including many lurkers who never post) appreciate all the help they get on the boards. Just ignore the spewings from certain posters and you should be fine. If you want to officially ignore someone, go to the top, choose "User CP" and in the menu on the left, select "Buddy/Ignore". You can add the screen name of someone who bothers you, and they're postings will be excised when you read. You'll still see follow-ups and replies to their postings, but you won't see their original postings, it will just skip by their postings and you don't have to worry about them.

Don't let the weeds overgrow the flowers around here.

Irovnan, please don't let them chase you away. Rudeness is something that happens alot on these boards, but everyone is welcome to partipate and many others (including many lurkers who never post) appreciate all the help they get on the boards. Just ignore the spewings from certain posters and you should be fine. If you want to officially ignore someone, go to the top, choose "User CP" and in the menu on the left, select "Buddy/Ignore". You can add the screen name of someone who bothers you, and they're postings will be excised when you read. You'll still see follow-ups and replies to their postings, but you won't see their original postings, it will just skip by their postings and you don't have to worry about them.

Don't let the weeds overgrow the flowers around here.

Thank you for kind note and suggestion Snoopy...On another topic do you like Snoopy? I actually work for Snoopy...Ok well MetLife. I have lots snoopy stuff.

Thank you for kind note and suggestion Snoopy...On another topic do you like Snoopy? I actually work for Snoopy...Ok well MetLife. I have lots snoopy stuff.

Actually, in my side life, I'm a theatre performer (its a side life because I have a mortgage to pay and really couldn't support myself on shows) and last year I played Snoopy in You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown which is one of my favorite roles (and judging by reactions of audience, friends, family, etc, it was one of the best performances/roles I've done). DW took to giving me gifts around that (including one tie that I wore to 2nd formal night with my Ralph Lauren suit) and so it seemed appropriate when trying to choose my screen name. I've gotten a lot of Snoopy collectibles over the last year plus.

http://www.geocities.com/quietman01970/maker1.htm

Fill in the form. Click the UBB Clock Code. Copy the code that appears in the window. Go back to the Cruise Critic page and go to User CP which is on the left near the top. Select "Edit Signature". Paste signature and you can preview it.

Hope that works for you.

Archived