Preferred Cabins on Golden Princess

Cat_Lover3

So we have decided on the Golden Princess for a 14 day cruise to Hawaii in early 2012. We are trying to decide between a balcony cabin or a mini suite with balcony. I know that in a mini suite you have more room (we had one on our last cruise) but understand that on the Golden there are balcony rooms that have larger balconies. Which deck/cabins have you experienced on the Golden in these catagories and would recommend? Thanks in advance.

So we have decided on the Golden Princess for a 14 day cruise to Hawaii in early 2012. We are trying to decide between a balcony cabin or a mini suite with balcony. I know that in a mini suite you have more room (we had one on our last cruise) but understand that on the Golden there are balcony rooms that have larger balconies. Which deck/cabins have you experienced on the Golden in these catagories and would recommend? Thanks in advance.

Was on the Golden in January and took a mini suite because of the larger cabin. The caribe deck balconys are much larger 9 x 9.. We did not use our balcony as much as we would in the Caribbean ( which we do have a Caribe balcony on the Star) because the weather on the open sea is cool coming and going. The chose is up to you, but I would take the mini suite.. Have a wonderful cruise.

On Golden, we have had both Dolphin deck exposed balcony and Emerald deck covered balcony minisuites. We prefer the covered if it's a rainy clime. A couple of the AD minisuites at the very back have extended balconies, I understand, but the balconies we've had seemed big enough for two.My wife loves the tub in the minisuites.

If we are crusing in a good weather area we prefer the Caribe Deck balcony cabins over the mini-suites on "D" and even the the covered minis on "E." But this is our own preference and its because we love to spend time on our balcony and the Caribe deck balconies are half covered giving you the best of both worlds (covered and open). On the other hand, there is something to say for the extra space in the minis. But keep in mind that the mini balconies on D deck are totally uncovered which means you have no real privacy or protection from the elements.

Hank

Thanks for your replies. We have decided on the Golden February 29, 2012 cruise. Went to our TA and she found us a special on a BD balcony if we choose our cabin now. Would have been fine except the only cabins still avaiable were right by the stairs/elevators. So I looked into the mini suites. In the AE category there are only two cabins left, D733 and D732. I believe the balconies on these aren't covered. Also they only have the shower in the bathroom. Which would be fine if the location of the cabins is especially good. Anyone have comments on this? There were more choices in the AD category. All in the aft of the ship on the Emerald deck. The AE and AD are the same price. I emailed my TA and asked her to see if there are any specials. Anyone have any favorite cabins in the mini suites on the Emerald deck?

The cabins located by the elevators and the stairs especially in the middle are best. You never hear the elevator, have had mini suites in the past. Last year we did the Golden to Hawaii had D417 minisuite. Grab it.

synet165

The cabins located by the elevators and the stairs especially in the middle are best. You never hear the elevator, have had mini suites in the past. Last year we did the Golden to Hawaii had D417 minisuite. Grab it.

synet165

We have had cabins that opened into the area between the stairs and the elevators with no noise or other issues. IMHO, I would not let that location affect your choice of cabin.

Archived