Celebrity's policy regarding price drops

Can'tstopcruising

I am so confused!

What exactly is Celebrity's policy regarding a price drop after you have booked?

If it is before final payment, will they honour it?

What if it is after final payment?

Nowadays, are the new, lower fares usually for New Bookings Only?

Any other information?

Thanks!

When I spoke to the customer service rep., she shared information on Celebrity's Price Guarantee. If you find a lower price within 48 hours of booking on their website or another, you can request a price adjustment. It's something you have to do online and if the system recognizes you've past the 48 hour period, it won't let you submit it. My price went down $150 in two days on my CC room; however, I didn't submit my claim within the 48 hour period. The good news....three weeks later, the Aqua Class dropped below the price I paid and I was allowed to upgrade for free! No problems at all, I just called the reservation line. If you can find another higher level cabin now for the same or lower price, you shouldn't have any problems.

Before final payment they should honor it.

After final payment, you can use the difference in price of the price drop to apply to an upgrade to a higher category cabin. Sometimes if the price drop is great enough you can upgrade for no additional charge.

Have no idea whether X is stipulating all new price drops are for new bookings only.

Archived