Easter on Costa

tjandluke

We will be on board for both Easter 2012 and my son's birthday during our cruise of 2012. I know I can get a cake in the dining room for his birthday- he will be 7 then and is kind of looking forward to it. He knows the drill with the singing etc as he has been on 2 Costa cruises before.

My question is what happens on board for Easter. I am assuming that as Costa is Italian there will be Easter Services etc... But are there any other celebrations.

Also has anyone happened to be in Singapore for Easter. My son will expect Easter Eggs (supposedly delivered by the Easter Bunny!) Will I be able to find chocolate eggs in Singapore or will I need to bring them from Australia?

When we go - it is the week before Easter - we will have Good friday on the ship (there is a chapel on all Costa ships - I won't be going mind) I will check out if there are Easter eggs on sale in singapore for you. If you bring them from Aus - he could be having "drinking chocolate". Will let you know

Thanks. As it will also be his birthday- I will be carting presents hidden in the bottom of the case. Although it over 12 months away I am already tyring to think of small, light gifts to pack. Any bigger type gifts will be given at Christmas. I would really like to avoid taking Easter eggs if they are widely available in Singapore!

Last year aboard Allegra we sailed over Easter and every cabin had a large chocolate Easter egg left in it. Very nice it was too, took a few days to eat :)

Every Costa ship has a priest on board as standard, regardless of time of year, as they organise activities and days out for the crew, so services ate held daily either in the chapels (on 'normal' days) on in a theater for something like Easter where more people attend. The Jewish faith is also catered for too.

I was on board Allegra for the past two Easters, and both times, a large chocolate egg was left on our bed so I can only assume it would be the same this year.

Chcolate eggs are available in Singapore.

Thanks all. That seems like one less thing to worry about! Although as we are not going for over a year I might be a bit early to plan. I just love the plotting and planning that comes before a trip away!

There are certainly Easter Eggs available in Singapore:

http://sgforums.com/forums/1769/topics/307536

http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g294265-i1748-k2686745-Easter_eggs-Singapore.html

There are even Easter Egg traditions in Singapore:

http://www.google.de/search?q=Singapore+Easter+eGGS&hl=de&rlz=1G1ACPW_DEDE418&prmd=ivnscm&source=univ&tbs=vid:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=S_aFTb37GsjKsgacuviVAw&ved=0CEMQqwQ

Don't you just love CC and the Internet.

Also next year on our cruise we will be celebrating our wedding anniversary and the next day my birthday. I think DW cleverly planned it that way, if I forget our anniversary she can easily forget my birthday.:eek:

Two cakes in two days (if Costa doesn't forget).:rolleyes:

Ron

Archived