Wheelhouse bar lunches

Jules59

Enjoy! The bangers and mash are to die for. Told my DH I'd share with him, but after one bite I told him to get his own! If you like sausage, you'll love the bangers; and the onion gravy is scrumptious over the mashed potatoes. Wow, I do believe I'm drooling as I'm writing ;)

The trifle for dessert can be passed over easily. I have made it many times and theirs doesn't come close to the real thing. But I can't wait to try their bread and butter pudding :D

Patti

Is it usually crowded or do most folks prefer to pig out at the buffet?

On the Crown we had to wait in line for about 5-10 min. depending on what time you arrived. The line did go quickly, service was fast, and it didn't take long to eat.

Someone mentioned a menu change - I sure hope they don't discontinue the prawns or bangers/mash. They were great. But the Scotch egg was horrible. I don't know if it tasted authentic, but I thought it was awful. And like someone else said, the trifle wasn't too good either. I really liked the bread/butter pudding, though.

We had 4 of these lunches on my last cruise.

Is it usually crowded or do most folks prefer to pig out at the buffet?
On the Golden in January, we arrived a little after 12 o'clock. There was a fairly long line ... about 30 people. But it moved pretty fast, and we were seated less that 15 minutes later.

Does anyone know if on the Alaskan itineraries do the days sailing through the glaciers count as sea days? I don't want to miss my opportunity to try the pub lunch!
We did the northbound Voyage of the Glaciers last August on the Coral. The first Pub Lunch was on the Ketchikan port day from 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Sailaway was at 2:00 p.m. The second Pub Lunch was on the last day from 11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. prior to arriving at College Fjord at 5:00 p.m.

Last year when we did our B/B on the Diamond they had one afternoon at the Trident Grill where they did an Alaskan fish fry, the menu included oysters (my fave) salmon, crab cakes, and a halibut, shrimp kabobs...keep an eye open for it, as I recall, it didn't start until about 3:30 pm.

The DH and I with 2 friends did the Pub Lunch on our Emerald Princess cruise this past fall. It was really nice sitting in the Wheelhouse Bar...enjoying the great food. I had the Cottage Pie...it was wonnnnnnnnnnderful. The Pub Lunch was served on sea days...and a special treat for us. Make sure to try to do this lunch at least once on your cruise. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as we did! :D:D:D

Click link to see a photo of us enjoying the Pub Lunch:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2136589210095430378ENGugd

Archived