Just back from Eclipse March 12th cruise

sail2day

Just returned from the Celebrity Eclipse Spring Break cruise. I was not disappointed. The highlights were:

• Excellent food in the MDR
  • Excellent Service throughout the vessel
  • Spectacular bartenders at the Martini Bar
  • Excellent musical artists throughout the vessel
  • A fantastic captain

I can't wait until my next Celebrity cruise!

Let me know if you have any questions. A thorough review was submitted last night.

Did you do the drinks package? Trying to decide how much time I'll spend in the martini bar :)

No I did not do the drinks package. I usually had one martini a night at the bar. It ended up costing me about $10.00 per drink. At dinner I would order one glass of wine (Peter Lehman Shiraz) at a cost of about $9.60 per glass with gratuity included. For me the drink package did not make sense since I was only spending about $20.00 per day in drinks. But I also brought two bottles of wine on board at the beginning of the cruise.

We chose traditional late seating.

We are sailing next week, and also have chosen late traditional. Did you have any problems with this interfering with the entertainment onboard? We sailed Princess in Jan, and I was very disappointed that everything seemed geared towards early seating...all of the games(Love and Marriage, Liars Club,...), movies, and bar entertainment were during our dinner time...there was nothing going on before 8 pm(before dinner), and nothing after our show time(about 11 pm)...so while early seating could see about 3 different things, we just got the 45 min show. I've never had that problem on other lines, and would pick early seating if I sailed on Princess again.

We are sailing next week, and also have chosen late traditional. Did you have any problems with this interfering with the entertainment onboard? We sailed Princess in Jan, and I was very disappointed that everything seemed geared towards early seating...all of the games(Love and Marriage, Liars Club,...), movies, and bar entertainment were during our dinner time...there was nothing going on before 8 pm(before dinner), and nothing after our show time(about 11 pm)...so while early seating could see about 3 different things, we just got the 45 min show. I've never had that problem on other lines, and would pick early seating if I sailed on Princess again.

The traditional late seating did not interfere with the entertainment offered on board. We had more than enough time to make the show each night. It also did not interfere with the bar entertainment. You will have a great time. Enjoy the cruise!

Sail2Day, just curious. Does Eclipse have the Corning GLass Blowing demos like Sosltice does? If so, do they still raffle off the glasswroks they make?

Yes, the Eclipse has the Corning Glass blowing demo. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

I was not present for the raffle, but I heard from a fellow passenger that they conducted it on one of the demo days. I am not sure which one. I hope this helps.

The traditional late seating did not interfere with the entertainment offered on board. We had more than enough time to make the show each night. It also did not interfere with the bar entertainment. You will have a great time. Enjoy the cruise!

Thank You!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your sailing, and can't wait to get onboard.

Interesting. I'm booked for a family spring break trip and was curious if the current pricing would skew the demographic a bit.

Our cruise had approximately 780 children on board. You would have never known that this many kids were on board based on my experience.

A tip for new passengers on the Eclipse. On our cruise if you booked any of the specialty restaurants on embarkation day they offered a 20% discount as long as the dinning day was the embarkation day or the following day. This discount applied to wine.

I agree with one of the posters on the Celebrity board that the bar manager gauges the alcohol consumption on board the vessel before deciding to offer a 2 for 1 "happy hour" pricing. This began on Wednesday and lasted until Friday. Prior to Wednesday there were no drink specials offered on board.

Yes, the Eclipse has the Corning Glass blowing demo. We thoroughly enjoyed it!

I was not present for the raffle, but I heard from a fellow passenger that they conducted it on one of the demo days. I am not sure which one. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your quick reply. I can't wait to see the demo again. I know Eclipse will be beautiful if Solstice was any indication.

I agree with one of the posters on the Celebrity board that the bar manager gauges the alcohol consumption on board the vessel before deciding to offer a 2 for 1 "happy hour" pricing. This began on Wednesday and lasted until Friday. Prior to Wednesday there were no drink specials offered on board.

How do you know about the specials? are they listed in the daily newsletter?

Thx

we have pre paid and made reservations for Qsine on embarkation day. How can we get the 20% discount?

I believe the discount is only applicable to those bookings made on the ship on embarkation day for dinner the first two evenings.

We are going to try select dining on the Eclipse in April and wonder if the people who have traditional dining are on one deck and select on the other. If so is select on Plaza Deck 3 or Promenade Deck 4. Can you enter the Eclipse Theater from Plaza Deck 3.

Archived