Cots provided on Azura

lou_b_24

Hi,

I'm hoping some fellow Mum and Dads who've cruised with their little ones might be able to help me out. I know P&O will provide us with a travel cot for our stateroom but what I'm trying to find out is do they come with a proper mattress or is it just the mattress that comes with the travel cot i.e that hard thing that usually wraps round the legs when you are storing.

Off on the Azura in a couple of weeks for 2 weeks but don't think my little girl (6 months) will be too keen to sleep on the hard travel cot mattress for that long so might have to invest in a proper one to bring with me if that's all they provide.

Thanks in advance for you help. :)

We've cruised with a toddler on P&O and Cunard and both times it was a travel cot. Fortunately our little boy is not so fussy when it comes to these things - he had a wonderful time on both cruises, and I am sure your little one will too.

I am pretty sure there was a normal mattress in the travel cot but I am not 100% sure. There was definitely a duvet in there and I suspect that would provide a bit more comfort under baby if there is no mattress. We take our own blankets as they smell familiar and also because we pop one over the puschair on the way to and from the night nursery so she isn't disturbed as much.

Thanks All for your speedy replies. I think I'll just take a few blankets to pad it out then and I'm sure she'll be fine!

As for the cost - I'm afraid I don't know as we're going with my parents who have paid for it all. I think there is a charge as you have to have one of the staterooms suitable for 3 people even though you're not going to be using the extra bed.

All in all when you think of everything included in the price it is still good value. Particularly excited about the night nursery!:p

Thanks All for your speedy replies. I think I'll just take a few blankets to pad it out then and I'm sure she'll be fine!

As for the cost - I'm afraid I don't know as we're going with my parents who have paid for it all. I think there is a charge as you have to have one of the staterooms suitable for 3 people even though you're not going to be using the extra bed.

All in all when you think of everything included in the price it is still good value. Particularly excited about the night nursery!:p

You won't need to take blankets, the ship can provide them. Children under 6 months cannot be transported and there is a dramatically reduced fare up to 2 years old,

What do P&O charge for babies? Our daughter is thinking of taking our granddaughter one one.

If you look on the P&O site at the cruise your daughter is interested in, select more details, and then the shared stateroom reductions it will show you the price for children aged 6 months to 2 years, and then the percentage reduction for those aged 2 to 16 years.

Theses reductions only apply if the child or children are the 3rd and/or 4th occupants of the stateroom. As the first two pax regardless of age pay the full fare.

Archived