P&O UK loyalty scheme

bazzaw

I am quite uninterested in Cruiseline loyalty schemes - and membership of any such scheme would only influence any cruise selection we make in the future very very slightly.

We am now members of the second lowest order (out of six) of the P&O UK Peninsular Club. The main benefit of this is a 7&1/2% discount on any onboard spending. That is OK - it's better than a poke in the eye, I suppose. BUT - to get to this lowly level of membership, we had to spend 80 days onboard P&O ships at a cost of $24,000AUD. Hence I am not overwhelmed by the scheme and I am afraid to say that my "loyalty" cannot be bought so cheaply. I can't imagine that P&O could possibly think that this would cause me to think of them over and above any other cruiseline.

Barry

Funnily enough we were having this conversation this very afternoon and saying there was nothing we would benefit by at all other than the discount on on board spends.....as we have difficulty spending our OBC given by the TA it really is not much benefit at all !!!! :)

Do bear in mind the Peninsular Club doesn't come into being until April 2012 anyway though.

I never have a problem spending OBC though - just head for the jewellery shop if all else fails !!

Different rewards from each company. Princess have a different tier system and when you reach Platinum level you receive Free internet time (This is normally expensive) as well as the usual cocktail party.

Elite level also includes Free shoe cleaning, Free laundry and Dry cleaning and a one time stock up of your mini-bar on embarkation, and also Priority embarkation.

You have to wait until top tier with P&O just to get priority embarkation and even then when the new system starts next year you need to be a very regular traveller to keep your status. The only advantage I can see with P&O is the discounts on purchases.

Of course this is only my opinion, but won't stop me travelling with any company if the cruise venues and price are right.

Archived