Oasis March 5-12, 2011 - FORGOT TWO THINGS

I forgot to mention two things in my trip review .....

We attended the character breakfast our first day at sea. They only have them on sea days and it was in the MDR. There were very few people there - I was surprised. I guess because this is a new event on Oasis, not many people read about it in the CC. I would recommend it. Three characters come out at separate times and there is plenty of opportunity for photos. I assume if you go all three sea days, they have different characters, but we only attended one morning. It was a bit too early for our taste, after some late nights! :p

I hadn't realized that all RCI ships have a fundraiser walk for Make A Wish. It is $10 and you get a T-shirt ... there is a one mile walk around the track. My son was diagnosed with cancer this past September and has been recently approved for a MAW trip - he is choosing Alaska. So it was wonderful to attend this walk and support a great cause. They introduced our family to the walkers and we led the walk ... a very touching moment. I encourage you to walk in honor of my son and all the children facing life-threatening illness. It is held the last sea day.

Best wishes to your son. It must have been a very touching moment for you to lead the walk. My best friends daughter was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago ago and the family was given a make a wish trip to Disney World. Not only did she enjoy it but it was such a wonderful thing for the whole family who had all been through so much. Since then it is my favorite charity and I was proud to do the walk when I was on the Oasis. I thought of her as I was walking and still after all this time and thankfully she is well, I was still a bit choked up.

Is there an extra charge for this breakfast? Do you have to make reservations? Is there a set menu? Iw there any type of show while you are eating? Sorry for so many questions. Thanks for your help.

There is no extra charge, but you should make a ressie. Since this was unable to be done prior to sailing, I made the booking once on board. I am guessing this might eventually change to a ressie you can make on their website ahead of time. We were only the second week of character breakfasts so it was brand new to everyone and as I mentioned before, not heavily attended. But I think I heard that Allure has their character breakfasts fill up? So this will probably happen on Oasis once it gets popular.

There is a menu that you can choose things from, similar to Johnny Rockets.

The characters come out and dance and the waitstaff also dance and sing along with the character. They seemed to be really enjoying themselves!

Best wishes to your son. It must have been a very touching moment for you to lead the walk. My best friends daughter was diagnosed with cancer 5 years ago ago and the family was given a make a wish trip to Disney World. Not only did she enjoy it but it was such a wonderful thing for the whole family who had all been through so much. Since then it is my favorite charity and I was proud to do the walk when I was on the Oasis. I thought of her as I was walking and still after all this time and thankfully she is well, I was still a bit choked up.

Thank you! He is currently doing a year of treatment - we even brought it on our cruise - but the CT and PET scans the week after we returned showed no sign of new cancer growth and he remains cancer-free after his October surgery. We hope and pray he remains that way! He is fighting a pretty tough cancer.

I hadn't realized that all RCI ships have a fundraiser walk for Make A Wish. It is $10 and you get a T-shirt ... there is a one mile walk around the track. My son was diagnosed with cancer this past September and has been recently approved for a MAW trip - he is choosing Alaska. So it was wonderful to attend this walk and support a great cause. They introduced our family to the walkers and we led the walk ... a very touching moment. I encourage you to walk in honor of my son and all the children facing life-threatening illness. It is held the last sea day.

Best wishes for your son. :) I am glad this is still being done and if so, plan to get my t-shirt next month on the Allure. I hope you enjoy Alaska!

Archived