Which pier?

islandmandan

Normally Pier 88, but it could vary depending on the number of ships in port that day.

Even if it is docked at Pier 90 or 92, all the piers are adjacent to each other in in the same terminal complex. Pier 88 is at 12th Ave and 48th St., 90 at 50th St. and 92 at 52nd St. As you can see, if you subtract 40 from the pier number, you get the street number. The motor vehicle entrance for all the piers is at 55th St and 12 Ave. The street address for GPS or other mapping purposes is 711 12th Ave.

Normally Pier 88, but it could vary depending on the number of ships in port that day.

Even if it is docked at Pier 90 or 92, all the piers are adjacent to each other in in the same terminal complex. Pier 88 is at 12th Ave and 48th St., 90 at 50th St. and 92 at 52nd St. As you can see, if you subtract 40 from the pier number, you get the street number. The motor vehicle entrance for all the piers is at 55th St and 12 Ave. The street address for GPS or other mapping purposes is 711 12th Ave.

What is the possibility of parking NOT being available at the pier?

Is alternate parking available?

I'd hate to drive there and not be able to park my car for the cruise.

What is the possibility of parking NOT being available at the pier?

Is alternate parking available?

I'd hate to drive there and not be able to park my car for the cruise.

Most times of the year there isn't a problem getting a spot at one of the terminal's lots, but in the height of the summer cruise season when 5 or 6 ships may be using the port there is the possibility of the lots being full.

There is alternative parking available near the pier, and sometimes there are even discount coupons you can print from the parking facilities web sites. Probably the best option is the facility at the Skyline Hotel on 10th Avenue and 49th St., only a couple of blocks from the pier. It is part of the ICON parking system group, and their web site is http://www.iconparkingsystems.com/Coupons_Area.asp?ht=768&wdth=1024&gclid=CPTN3av-8acCFYh_5QodkhpAcg

Scroll down the list of facilities, and look for "Primary Parking LLC"...that is the corporate name of the lot at the Skyline Hotel. As I said they often have a discount coupon you can print, and I think they even take reservations.

I've always been able to get a spot at the cruise terminal, but when I cruised from there last summer, I also took one of the discount coupons for Primary Parking with me in case the lots at the pier were full.

Archived